Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
recaro sportster cs do they fit cayman gen2, i've searched all over the place for a definitive yes and some talk of fitting but not definitive, i understand you have to tell porsche computer set airbags not fitted or fit airbag resistor, passenger weight sensor delete and seat belt buckle delete/wire in. is there anything thing else i need to do, any step by step instructions? Any help appreciated, pressing the button on purchase tomorrow, Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Recaro Sportster CS in Europe fitted with airbags so they can be direct replacements; the European Mini Cooper has them as option. There is a thread on the BMW 2addicts site showing them installed in a M235i and wired in. Had a pair in my old WRX bought in the USA, but Recaro USA couldn't source them with airbags.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
$_57-7.JPG $_57-8.JPG $_57-9.JPG well bought them so going to find out the hard way. Special leather by Andrew Muirhead/Recaro/Mansory. Hopefully brackets and seat belt bracket coming from recaro in 4-6 weeks (and i live in europe) Got car booked in to local indy to bypass airbag and seat occupancy in advance to speed things up. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Oooh, watching this with interest. They're some of the best chairs I've ever sat in (in an Evora) and seeing as I'm planning on keeping the car it's been on my list of possible upgrades (along with more compliant suspension).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooh, watching this with interest. They're some of the best chairs I've ever sat in (in an Evora) and seeing as I'm planning on keeping the car it's been on my list of possible upgrades (along with more compliant suspension).
once the brackets arrive, i'll post some interior pics for you. I'm also talking to Emodulation to see if he will do the airbag, passenger sensor and seatbelt simulator. (he does them for mercedes bmw and other makers but i think he needs a porsche seat pad sensor to develop it - watch this space)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Little bit of a trek then. Was thinking that when you'd got it done I'd pop over and check it out if you didn't mind...
you're more than welcome, bring your partner we have a studio apartment next to the house you can use.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
feels like i managed to pick up the last set of Recaro Cayman seat adaptors in Uk/Europe, no-one seemed to have them anywhere! Hopefully they should arrive tomorrow but unfortunately you also need a seat buckle adaptor which isn't available for 4 weeks from Recaro (special order) very frustrating. Indy has turned off the seat air bag function in PIWIS which also switches off the seat sensor AWS automatically when done with the official Porsche diagnostics software but appears to leave the airbag warning light on the dash even when reset. Apparently it stays on until the original seats are removed/unplugged as it can still detect the airbags are there. (maybe)
Used these instructions
Tutorial Part 2: Advanced Functions - Articles
but the PIWIS software switched everything on there as soon as the computer was told the 'Thorax' airbag was not fitted.
Recaro base adaptors are 86-26-26 and 86-26-16 and the buckle adaptors 7211153.1 and .2
I'll update when i have more info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts