Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I own a 2009 Cayman 2.9, manual, with 23,000 miles. The car has been great but it is due for an oil change, and there are two problems I would like addressed: One is an inner CV joint/boot has started slinging grease and a small oil leak has developed underneath the engine. I haven't been able to identify where the leak is coming from just from taking photos underneath the car with it on the ground.

I'm planning on taking it to a shop in the next couple weeks, and have set up an appointment with Leith Porsche for the time being, however I was wondering if anyone knew a great shop in the eastern part of NC I can take it to? I'm in Goldsboro and it would be nice to take the car to someplace closer and/or cheaper than having the dealership address these issues.

I've never wrenched on a modern or 'proper' Porsche (owned a 924, 931 and 928S in the past), but eventually I plan on doing all my own maintenance but currently lack the tools and storage to do so. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welp, didn't receive any recommendations so I went with Leith. Nice dealership - kinda on the small side and had no new or used Caymans which kinda disappointed me. They did a good job with the simple oil change and didn't find any oil leaks, so idk what I'm finding on the concrete of my carport. 🤷‍♂️ They did give me a quote to replace the CV boots on the rear axle. The tech basically said the little that is leaking isn't a big deal and doesn't need to be addressed right now. The price to have them replace all the CV boots was estimated at $1600! I looked up the prices to purchase all the parts (boots, clamps, and new CV bolts) and it comes out to ~$110. If I had a lift and tools, I'd get it done myself one weekend, but I don't right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts