·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow! Very Nice...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i bought spare dash sections off ebay so i did not have to alter the ones from my Spyder. the seat center section i made from templates i copied from the grey ones on the car. the object is to brightern up the car so it can be put back if i wish to sell at anytime. the ability to put it all back in just one day, including the outside (that means removing Martini graphics and replacing Porsche side stripes)

·
Registered
268 Posts
thanks guys, i bought spare dash sections off ebay so i did not have to alter the ones from my Spyder. the seat center section i made from templates i copied from the grey ones on the car. the object is to brightern up the car so it can be put back if i wish to sell at anytime. the ability to put it all back in just one day, including the outside (that means removing Martini graphics and replacing Porsche side stripes)
But how long does it take to put the steering wheel back on the left where it belongs?? :)

Very nice look!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
A bit more red. I need to do the gator and door handles still
That looks very good! I am in the prep stages for doing my Cayman headliner and pillars in Alcantara. I also plan to do the same lower dash pieces that you did in red.

I don't have the leather dash and I am curious based on what you have seen in person, will some shade of silver instead of the red look good with a black dash? Do you find that the Alcantara stands out "too" much? And what did you do to the floor mats?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That looks very good! I am in the prep stages for doing my Cayman headliner and pillars in Alcantara. I also plan to do the same lower dash pieces that you did in red.

I don't have the leather dash and I am curious based on what you have seen in person, will some shade of silver instead of the red look good with a black dash? Do you find that the Alcantara stands out "too" much? And what did you do to the floor mats?
the floor mats i had specialy made in red with black edging with a heal pad in black on the drivers side and Martini embroidery on each mat. i like the red as the Spyder has red belts and door pulls. My car does not have leather dash either but i find all black too dark but that is just me. not sure about silver but you could go with Alcantara 9002 grey as they use on the lower dash sections on the Cayman GTS. i also have an other set of lower dash panels i got from ebay and intend to do them also in the grey so i can alter if i wish. i have just also fitted a sports design wheel with grey 9002 alcantara with a red alcantara band at the top and red stitching. the beauty of using ebay extra panels is you can put back easily to origional if desired. the gear knob took some working out so again another off ebay as it is a 3 peice item and now done half red and half grey ad on some of the GT cars. hope that is of some help to you
the only problem i have with red is it never shows up correct in pictures as it looks so good in real life. a friend has just bought the new Honda Civic type R and that comes with bucket seats in black and red alcantara with red stitching and it looks super.
keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts