Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm having my calipers refinished and the last time I went to a dealer they "suggested" to do my brakes. Long story short, I like working on my cars and dont like over paying for stuff. Im planning on buying sebro rotors for the rear and ebc reds. My question is regarding the pads. They say in the description that they have the shims already. Do I need to buy or can I reuse the little shims for the rear that go inside the pistons on the caliper??? Another questions, does the sensors need to be replaced. Once again thanks fir your opinions and answers!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, forgot to mention about the parking brake pads too. I think they are a bit low and since Im doing the brakes which one would be a good replacement.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Unless you damage the shims when removing the old pads, you should be able to reuse them. They're not a "wear" item.

You should be able to reuse the sensors as long as you caught the pads before the light on your dash came on saying your brakes are bad. If the light came on, that means your pads were so low that at least 1 sensor was touching the rotor and completing the circuit. That would also mean you were grinding off the sensor and it would need replacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts