Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Noob
843 Posts
Me wants that wing.
I still prefer the front face of my car though.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
That is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sex!!

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I'll take that one, please.

Where was the photo taken?

There's something about seeing it on the public streets (if that's actually where it was) that makes it more real, as opposed to just shots in the factory or on track.

John

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
That is a GT4 in Guards Red, not Carmine Red.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Now THAT is nice! Thanks for posting the pics.

-Moto

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I think this is the best looking car in Porsche's current line-up. More pure in form than the 991 and more elegant and simple than the 918.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Would be Guards Red in the shade.

Carmine Red, all special and metallic colours (except GT Silver Metallic) is not in production utill April earliest.

Carmine Red will look better.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
And as I've told my Porsche SA- if I didn't have to worry about speeding tickets and points, I would drive only GR Porsches the rest of my life. And be happy.

John

·
Registered
320 Posts
Omg.
You can really see the resemblance to its big brother GT3.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Would be Guards Red in the shade.

Carmine Red, all special and metallic colours (except GT Silver Metallic) is not in production utill April earliest.

Carmine Red will look better.
I disagree. I think Guards Red is the nicer of the two. It's just plain brighter. Carmine Red is a darker shade of red with nothing more to add to it. If it were metallic or had the depth of a pearl coat to it or something to make it really glow, then I'd have been all over it.

When it was announced that we could order 981's in Carmine Red I was both excited and afraid. If it was nicer, I'd have shelled out for it. It just isn't though. It's different but whether it's better or worse it 100% subjective. There are no inherent qualities about it that make it better.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Guards Red GT4

I disagree. I think Guards Red is the nicer of the two. It's just plain brighter. Carmine Red is a darker shade of red with nothing more to add to it. If it were metallic or had the depth of a pearl coat to it or something to make it really glow, then I'd have been all over it.

When it was announced that we could order 981's in Carmine Red I was both excited and afraid. If it was nicer, I'd have shelled out for it. It just isn't though. It's different but whether it's better or worse it 100% subjective. There are no inherent qualities about it that make it better.
Whenever I see them side by side, I strongly prefer the Carmine mostly because it has no sort of orange hue to it in sunlight. The fact that it isn't metallic is a feature to me, because you get that deep red.

I would get Carmine on the GT4, except that I'm totally hooked on the yellow stitching inside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts