Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a change in redline?

I had my 2.7 flashed with the hard redline, and last night the RPM's climbed to 7,500-7,600 (per tach) before I shut it down, in first and second gear on two occasions.

It pulled very strong with no signs of slowing.

I haven't checked the Durametric to see if it registered as over-revs yet, will do that tonight.

Has anyone else noticed this? The only other changes for the flash was Sports Chrono and higher PSM threshold.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Yes; when I dyno'd the car it seemed to go to almost 8K. I had asked Scott about it last year and he said the redline with Softronic was something like 7600 or so, I don't remember the number. And the it's not a problem as the engine will go higher without any problems. I haven't seen or felt the redline actually ever slow or the stop rev's.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Once or twice I held the gear too long. I think it hit around 7800RPM and it did cut back ok then. That engine just seems to keep going and going. :eek:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the over-revs last night and it only showed for Stage 1. I believe this equals redline as far as the durametric goes.

If redline is now 7,600 it makes sense. Sure is a blast to ring it out that high!

I wonder...... if I flash back to stock, will I now show Stage 2 over-revs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts