Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my ECU decrypted and remapped for track use. If I upgraded the manifold and exhaust, would I need to have the ECU remapped again? I can ask TPC that, but I'd like to hear experiences from anyone who's done both reflashing and exhaust.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe it depends on who tuned your ECU and what they set it up for. If they have many maps for different MAP inputs, then it should adjust fine. That being said that would be for a tune that either had the rear 02 sensors on (for cats) or off for no cats. If you go from stock manifolds and the tune had the rear O2s on, and went to a no cat race header, you will throw a cat efficiency code. So depends. Talk to your tuner.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Generally speaking, any time a major engine/drivetrain component is modified, the tune needs to be upgraded to fully take advantage of the upgrades. :drivingskid:

Reactions: CGH3
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.