21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2014 Boxster S, Racing Yellow
960 Posts

· Registered
960 Posts
Nice price.

Is there a core charge? What do you do with the old battery?
There was a $15 core charge, but my local Walmart is having issues trying to figure out how to refund the core charge. My receipt has the core charge bundled into a single Tax line item, not broken out separately. I contacted Walmart.com and they were supposed to refund me, but it took a phone call to a person to finally get a refund of the core charge.

2013 Cayenne diesel
104 Posts
Real world experience we had.
Among other adventures we do long distance endurance rally. Received our 958 in 2012, in 2016 we did a 5,500 mile (one way) winter rally in 10 days north of the Arctic Circle. Temps hovered around -36F. Never once did we plug ours in and never had issues starting in the morning.
Also entered this same rally in 2020 after replacing our battery. We also did a bumper-to-bumper refresh changing all fluids, brakes, etc. Our new battery was not properly registered. Every morning we had to get a jump start. Note again the old original battery in the 2016 event never had an issue.
We believe that proper battery registration to reset the charging cycle is critical.
For what we do see Porsche Cayenne Offroad. Below video is from the 2016 event, 'Otis' is at 4:09:

· Registered
960 Posts
Mine was also a different technology and amp-hour rating. The registration process with the iCarSoft had the ability to select both, so think the registration was likely helpful in that respect.

Reactions: ELCID86

· Registered
406 Posts
There was a $15 core charge, but my local Walmart is having issues trying to figure out how to refund the core charge. My receipt has the core charge bundled into a single Tax line item, not broken out separately. I contacted Walmart.com and they were supposed to refund me, but it took a phone call to a person to finally get a refund of the core charge.
Ehh, somewhat minor inconvenience.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts