Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 06 cayman I bought was found to have after market exhaust. How much do you guys think it would cost to get it back go stock?

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
The same if you had to install an aftermarket...approximately 175-225...

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I'm curious, which aftermarket exhaust is it and what about it makes you want to go back to stock?

I'm sure there are plenty of low mileage stock exhausts sitting in garages/attics given the type of owners we have here... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I would also guess that once you remove the aftermarket exhaust and figure out the manufacturer, someone would buy it off of you. You might do an even swap or even make money off the deal.

-Moto

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
I'm curious, which aftermarket exhaust is it and what about it makes you want to go back to stock?

I'm sure there are plenty of low mileage stock exhausts sitting in garages/attics given the type of owners we have here... ;)
+1...I'm curious also...is the dealer give you a hard time? :crazy:

·
Registered
434 Posts
The 06 cayman I bought was found to have after market exhaust. How much do you guys think it would cost to get it back go stock?
What manufacturer is your system? Where are you located? What kind of shape is it in? I have a stock one and would consider a trade. Why do you want to take it off?

Thanks

Phil

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Call TPC since they trash the stock exhaust for their turbo kit. I left mine there so some others might have too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll try and get under the car and see what it is. Do you think I'll be able to tell?
The sound of the exhaust is awesome, especially at around 3000 rpm, but I am looking for something a little more subdued. Thanks for the offers/suggestions.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Check the exhaust tips first to see if there is any lettering/etching with the name of the brand. Worse case, take a photo, we have enough nuts here that can ID the thing from 20 feet away, including me! :hilarious:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the muffler it says Tubi Style Italy. Anybody heard of these? Anybody else think they are kind of loud? Maybe I'm getting too old. I went to the Porsche dealership and they are asking more than $3000 to get back to OEM!

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
TubiStyle North America

I'm sure you can find a stock exhaust system in fine condition from someone on here who would give you a deal on it - you could either trade them your Tubi for it, or buy one outright, and then put the Tubi up for sale in the classifieds. Find a local Porsche independent shop to put the stock system on for you at a fraction of what the dealer would charge. Use a shop well-versed in Porsches, not a run-of-the mill muffler place. You want this done correctly so the dealer can't rag on you when you bring the car in for service or warranty work. If something goes wrong, and they can tell it has been installed badly, your warranty coverage for the system will cease to be. If properly installed they'll think it's "native" to the car.

brad

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
That's a real nice exhaust! I don't think there are too many Tubi owners here.

What area of the country are you located? I'm sure there will be some local owners interested in buying/trading you for it. It'll save you the pain of shipping the thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm putting a PSE on my '06 Cayman S this coming week so I'll have a perfectly good standard exhaust available with 18K miles on it. Tell me if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts