Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car and 2 keys was recently stolen and joyrided. car has been returned and appears to be undamaged but only one of the keys was returned. so now there is a reprobate out there with a key to my car. I will be going to the dealer next week to see about "rekeying" the car. anyone how involved this is. can the fob and car be reprogrammed where the stolen key will no longer work? I've seen a number of threads about replacing missing keys but not quite this situation. TIA

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
Same issue. My fob was stolen but not the car. Reprogramming was quoted to me as $75/key at one dealer and $90 at the other. Each key.

Fob replacement was between $275 and $375 each. If you lose the other FOB, then the cost really goes up because they have to do something with the ignition as well for the reprogramming.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's not really the situation they acquired both keys by breaking in to my house.

so maybe the keys shouldn't be together in the house or hidden but few really do that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.