Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I've been a long time lurker and new poster. This forum really provided a great deal of information that lead me to ultimately purchasing a 2008 Cayman S. After test driving the Cayman, there was no way I wasn't going to take her home.

I purchased my Cayman from Michael Stead Porsche in Walnut Creek, CA and the dealer experience there was fantastic. I had previously driven a BMW 325, but my experience with the BMW dealers was really lacking. I'm not sure if I've ever experienced such condescension and hostility from any car salesman anywhere.

I've also had great experiences with fellow Porsche owners. I get waves from Cayman, Boxster, and 911 drivers. The few fellow Cayman owners I've talked to have been serious motorheads, and have been very gracious about talking cars. I'm really happy to to be a part of this community. Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

I had the same experience buying mine. When looking i had gone to a few other dealers (e.g. ford) who had a used porsche in stock and they were hesitant to give me a test drive and really pushed to try to sell me the car after a quick round the block drive. At the porsche dealer they just seemed much more eager to help me and have me try out/look at the cars before talking sales, definitely treated me much more respecfully considering i was 25 y/o that rolled in in tshirt and shorts. haha

Btw, lmao on the user name.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Congrats, beautiful. Same experience here, a lot of us came from BMW, I had a modded 335 before this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was very open to cross-shopping an M3, but they showed zero interest in letting me test drive it first. In contrast, the Porsche salesman told me, "I know some roads where we can have some fun." They still call on occasion to check in on me and the car!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats. Always glad to have a new member of the family.

BTW, we need pictures......

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Cool!! congrats on the CS... welcome to P9..
Yup Stead is a great dealer....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts