Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been lurking these forums since early 2016 when I started planning to get a 981. I have found Planet 9 to be a great discussion and research tool to learn more about these cars. I was finally ready to purchase at the beginning of the year and picked up a Cayman S. My car history: My first car was a 2003 Toyota Celica. It was FWD and painfully slow, but still a lot of fun due to being lightweight and extremely tossable. After 3 years of ownership, it was time to upgrade. I picked up a V6 B8 A5. The combination of Quattro and some mods gave the car incredible traction. I owned it for 2.5 years and about 30k miles and really liked it, especially its design, which I think will age well. But it was time to take another step up as the car was too heavy, still too slow, and suffered a little from understeer.
So I picked up this Cayman S about 3 months ago. It has a nice list of options, but the ones that really matter are 6mt, Sport Exhaust, X73 Sport suspension, and Sport Chrono package. My favorite being the sport exhaust, I couldn't imagine the car without it. I drive exclusively with it turned on and either in Sport or Sport Plus, depending on whether I want to do my own rev matching. It's my daily driver and I have put over 3k miles on it in my 3 months of ownership. It puts an ear-to-ear grin on my face on a daily basis. It's a big step up from my previous cars and Porsche has definitely earned a new fan. I look forward to continuing to use this site as a resource and eventually get this thing on the track.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Audi
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar
View attachment 152161 Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Porsche boxster
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car

·
Registered
365 Posts
Beautiful car.

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nice is that Carmine Red?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Silly question, but I've never seen a spoiler a different color than the car...looks great. How was that achieved? much appreciated.
The previous owner had it professionally plast-dipped. It looks good with the spoiler up, but the lines of the back of the car don't look as smooth with it down. So I will probably remove the dip eventually

Nice is that Carmine Red?
It is Amaranth red metallic. It's a really nice color that has to been seen in person to be appreciated. The appearance of the car changes drastically depending on lighting and the angle.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Great car! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
779 Posts
From one 981 DD owner to another: congrats, it's a great car for everyday use (which I could say about my 993).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Enjoy the car, great look, like that color very much

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
The previous owner had it professionally plast-dipped. It looks good with the spoiler up, but the lines of the back of the car don't look as smooth with it down. So I will probably remove the dip eventually

It is Amaranth red metallic. It's a really nice color that has to been seen in person to be appreciated. The appearance of the car changes drastically depending on lighting and the angle.
Oh yes, Amaranth red is very very nice indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
72 Posts
Beautiful car! Looks Amaranth Red? I almost pulled the trigger on a similar boxster...but I really wanted a Cayman. I am Happy to see others that drive...I have put 4K miles on my car in 4months - almost daily driver...but a couple of road trips. I agree with you - an amazingly comfortable, FUN car! I have PDK, no chrono, but PSE and headers happen this weekend. SC would have been nice...but I am pretty sure I would launch out of my driveway daily! Keep on grinning....I know I do!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great snag! Congratulations and welcome to the club. The 981 is a SUPERB car. I'm driving mine daily and love it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really like the look of this car!! Congrats!!!
Thank you

Beautiful car! Looks Amaranth Red? I almost pulled the trigger on a similar boxster...but I really wanted a Cayman. I am Happy to see others that drive...I have put 4K miles on my car in 4months - almost daily driver...but a couple of road trips. I agree with you - an amazingly comfortable, FUN car! I have PDK, no chrono, but PSE and headers happen this weekend. SC would have been nice...but I am pretty sure I would launch out of my driveway daily! Keep on grinning....I know I do!
Thanks, I appreciate the depth of Amaranth red more every day. But it is hard to find a color that the 981 does NOT look good in.
Congrats on getting PSE this weekend, you will love it and enjoy your car even more.

Great snag! Congratulations and welcome to the club. The 981 is a SUPERB car. I'm driving mine daily and love it.
Thanks. Great to see so many daily driver's on here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.