Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wilhelmy-IT Cayman Remote Key prototype is DONE and in my car (Installed last night) - Yes I had a busy day yesterday, exhaust install, radio show and Remote Key install, oh and did I mention work? Anyway the prototype Remote Key is in my car and I will be testing it over the next couple of weeks. Stefan is driving to Porsche Parade with me so you can see it in action there first hand if you stop by to visit. If all goes well with the testing Stefan will be cranking these out for the Cayman shortly thereafter. Here is an updated video showing many of the features that the Remote Key provides in action, including the Windows auto-up and auto down!!

http://www.caymanclub.net/files/remotekey.zip

Video is MPEG format show with my Sony camera that I had with me seemingly all day yesterday!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
79 Posts
do you know when this will be for sale, is the factory alarm untouched, and also if you lock the car with the window when it if up will the horn still beep???

·
There is no substitute!
954 Posts
It's looking good and it seems to be very functional. I guess the question is: How much and what does it take to have it installed/configured?

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Factory alarm is untouched, no provision to beep if window down that I know of but I will ask. Stefan is capturing codes with the PIWIS right now here at the dealership in Denver. Cost for a group buy is going to be around $250 when the product is done, retail will be around $325-350 if I am correct. As always, PLEASE email Stefan for any details/requests at [email protected]

·
Registered
555 Posts
It will be a hardware module and has to be installed behind the fuse box cover in the driver's side footwell. It hooks right between the can bus connection of the driver's side door controller unit and the rest of the car. Power supply (12V) will be taken from the fuse box and ground from a nearby grounding point. We'll post pictures once the first prototype with enclosure is ready. Ken has the 997 circuit board installed right now which is running the cayman software, so taking pics of it right now would not be representative of the final product. (And the wiring as absolutely makeshift right now)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts