Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I would like to share my own design for my new 981 Boxster. I think you ll find it interesting: Removable front plate mount.

The design aimed 3 things:

1) Easy and quickly to install and remove: You can do it in 2 seconds. While you are installing the plate you just simply insert the plate. When removing, you pull the release handle and remove the plate.
2) Simplistic design: When installed only your plate is apparent, when removed there is nothing you can see about the mount.
3) Secure and durable: Once the plate is installed, there is no way you remove it unless pull the small release handle.

When I first got my Boxster, First thing I realized that front is way more beautiful without the plate. Also I didn't want to put holes on the bumper. However, here in my state it is required by law to have front plate, otherwise you'll get a ticket, especially when parked. Since carrying zip ties with me and spending a few minutes to install the plate to the grill is cumbersome, I came up with this design (P.s. I never liked the tow hook style). I attached the pictures.

Thanks, Fully Installed.JPG Front View with Plate.JPG Install.JPG Plate Removed.JPG Under view.JPG

·
Registered
583 Posts
Nice. I ended up with a customized version of the skene mount. No visible holes after removal. Sits about an inch higher than your photos.

·
Registered
734 Posts
That looks nice. But what happens when you scrape the bottom? I see scuff marks on the black plastic piece under the front lip. And the slot for your plate holder is even lower than that black plastic piece.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since the attachment is installed under the bumper, it is closer to ground, so yes there is a possibility that I can scrape the attachment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts