Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I find the overhead light near the garage remote control buttons extremely annoying. I’m talking about the one that’s always on in the center (not the individual map lights). Anyone know how to remove it without destroying the fascia?

Cheers,
L76

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Ive never noticed this little light being illuminated until I read this post, so I went down to garage and sure enough there it is! I cant even see that its still illuminated without sticking my hand up there to see the light on it, however it's recessed backed into the fascia and looks as if a narrow 20 X 5mm or so strip of black electrical tape would easily cover the lense and never be seen from inside the car or even though the front windshield. Completely reversible and a quick fix. I cant see where this light can disabled anywhere in the settings menu.

More people complain about the red LED light on the lock button in the center of the dash. They make multiple size universal dot stickers to cover these LEDS for any car, so essentially the same approach but you will need to trim something out to fit this specific lense size

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hey Guys,

I find the overhead light near the garage remote control buttons extremely annoying. I’m talking about the one that’s always on in the center (not the individual map lights). Anyone know how to remove it without destroying the fascia?

Cheers,
L76
I think this is the info your looking for. Look at post #1 in this thread to remove the overhead console. You can use 2 credit cards if you don’t have trim tools. I used the “ credit card method “ to remove the overhead console to install my Blendmount mirror tap wiring kit to power my radar detector. Use 2 credit cards simultaneously to push the metal clips in and the console will drop down.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/977298-mirror-tap-for-your-radar.html

Post # 72 and post # 80 in this thread will give you a little more info.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/804774-911idiot-s-c4s-journey-keep-out-beware-of-dog-6.html

·
Registered
263 Posts
Why remove the lights? I think you can dim them (called "orientation lights" or maybe it's the other one) in the Vehicle Settings menu under Lighting (in the 3rd/right instrument gauge display). It lets you adjust the illumination intensity in like 10% increments. But maybe this is only available if you have the interior lighting package?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Why remove the lights? I think you can dim them (called "orientation lights" or maybe it's the other one) in the Vehicle Settings menu under Lighting (in the 3rd/right instrument gauge display). It lets you adjust the illumination intensity in like 10% increments. But maybe this is only available if you have the interior lighting package?
gearFX is right. You can completely turn off the orientation light though the Settings menu. No need to remove a bulb.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx Guys.

Everyone gets a gold star on that one! I should have RTFM... and just changed the interior light settings before submitting this post! However, I did get an education on how to wire up my radar detector! Thx everyone!

Cheers,
L76

1 - 6 of 6 Posts