Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the front trunk emergency release level on my Boxster. Now I have a red triangle om my dashboard. I've not found a way to dismiss the warning light. Does anyone know how that is done?

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Is it possible that after pulling the handle, the latch didn't go back to it's proper resting position?

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I tried the front trunk emergency release level on my Boxster. Now I have a red triangle om my dashboard. I've not found a way to dismiss the warning light. Does anyone know how that is done?
More info please. :thanks:

Is this a 981 and, if so, what year? Reason being on my 2013 981B S I was under the impression that there was no such thing as F ERelease - lever??. Rather when encountering a dead battery issue one needed to tie into fuse panel on DSide with a 12VDC source to get electronic latch to repower/work.

But maybe I'm missing something else (or 2014s ?? have such a release).

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
More info please. :thanks:

Is this a 981 and, if so, what year? Reason being on my 2013 981B S I was under the impression that there was no such thing as F ERelease - lever??. Rather when encountering a dead battery issue one needed to tie into fuse panel on DSide with a 12VDC source to get electronic latch to repower/work.

But maybe I'm missing something else (or 2014s ?? have such a release).

I think he means the one inside the frunk. You know - that's where the bombardier rides.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved it. Very embarrassing. I thought the problem was due to my pulling the emergency escape handle in the front truck. However, the problem was I did not fully close the rear truck.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I think he means the one inside the frunk. You know - that's where the bombardier rides.
Roger that. :thanks: RSchwerer

Another one of those SR moments and my mind never went to the "release INSIDE" said frunk or trunk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts