Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my car for a couple of weeks and am noticing a small amount of hazing on the plastic parts of the mirror and front and back areas under the bumpers. It's not a lot but I want to remove it before washing the car again. What product would I use. I know Naptha won't hurt plastic. Are there any detailing products designed to remove the hazing caused by wax getting on the plastic? I did buy the Adams Detailing spray and will use it on the plastic after washing but I don't think it is a cleaner.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I use this Chemical Guy product (Chemical Guys TVD_105_16 - Liquid Extreme Shine Oil-Based Sprayable Dressing (16 oz)) on the following parts:
1. Tires
2. Door sills
3. Lower side mirror trim
4. Front and side air intake vents
5. Under side of rear wing
6. Center black cover under rear wing
7. Black trim under front bumper
8. Black trim under rear bumper including above exhaust
9. Black drainage tray under windshield wipers
10. All black trim parts under front hood

Despite its "extreme shine" name it is not very glossy or even tacky to the touch. Everything looks showroom ready and it lasts about 4-5 weeks everywhere except on the tires where I get about a week out of it. You can spray it on, but I use a very small old microfiber towel expressly for this purpose and it works great.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
That's a new one. Hmmmm....

Have you tried Mother's Back to Black or Mequiar's Black Plastic Restorer? That might help.

Good luck!
-Moto

I've read that guys use peanut butter and a tooth brush.

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
Peanut butter? I have heard of using tooth paste and a tooth brush. I haven't heard of peanut butter. Now I will have to try peanut butter just to see what it does.

Right now I use Meguiar's Quick Detailer and a tooth brush.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Try Dawn dishwashing soap liquid on an old microfiber towel, Dawn is what I use on car when I'm stripping off all wax and chemicals on paint before reapplying. I do this yearly, my paint looks amazing and my car lives outside :-(

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Too many of my relatives have sever peanut allergies.......Hmmmmm. Come to think of it - might work after-all:naughty:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts