Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone attempted to remove the panel on the driver's side of the center console in a 981C? This the longish panel that sits against the center console right next to the seat bottom. There is a FAQ somewhere for doing this exact thing on the 987 but the panels are quite different between generations. The panel appears to be held in by a series of snap-in tabs. The only reason I think this is the rear most tab doesn't seem to want to engage, leaving a bit of a gap between the panel and the console. If it is a tab that won't engage, is there a way of expanding the receiving latch to hold the tab?

Any experience on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DG

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
I know for sure that right panel just snaps in. Because you need to unsnap it to install my Sunglass Holster. I don't see how it can be any different on driver's side.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I thought so. Do you have any advice to deal with snaps that don't hold snuggly?

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
No. I usnapped/snapped the passenger panel more than dozen of times during test-fitting - and mine snaps just right every time.

May be wrapping the male part with some electric tape?

The easiest way for you would be taking it to the dealer. If the snap is defective - they'll order you a new panel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts