Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my remus for about a month or so but the tips ( first the right now the left ) have moved ( and can move when even when VERY tight ) 4 times now. Love the exhaust, not so crazy about the googlie eyed tips ( might work great with a hippy porsche paint job but for me not so much. )

Any words of wisdom? Started keeping wrenches in my car so I can try to muck with it after work so I won't cook my knuckles anymore, still can't get it any tighter. Would really like to straighten this out ( literally and figuratively )

Thanks in advance,
Westby.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Had a similar problem with Fabspeed. It's constructed as two separate pieces and therefore the tips are not well fixed with respect to each other. One solution is to weld the buggers on like FVD or Speedart does theirs. This solves the alignment and theft problems at the same time.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I have the remus as well... and yes, once a while, I will have to adjust the tips to event them out a bit. I really cranked down on the wrench this last time and they have pretty much stay put for in last couple months.

One of these days, I will get around to spot welding the tips. Perhaps some of those heavy duty epoxy will do the trick?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Have had my remus for about a month or so but the tips ( first the right now the left ) have moved ( and can move when even when VERY tight ) 4 times now. Love the exhaust, not so crazy about the googlie eyed tips ( might work great with a hippy porsche paint job but for me not so much. )

Any words of wisdom? Started keeping wrenches in my car so I can try to muck with it after work so I won't cook my knuckles anymore, still can't get it any tighter. Would really like to straighten this out ( literally and figuratively )

Thanks in advance,
Westby.
I have a Remus exhaust also, gen1. Mine slipped at first too, but I had put Never Seize in that joint. Once I removed the anti-seize and thoroughly cleaned the mating surfaces, the problem went away. Also, mine have a bar that connects the two exhaust tips.

Since you have tightened the clamps as much as you can and still have a problem, I'd suggest you remove the tips and with emery cloth or sand paper rough up the mating surfaces. That should do it.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Is the bolt just getting loose over time? Would Locktite(sp?) work?

-Moto

1 - 5 of 5 Posts