Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've bought a Remus for my 2006 Cayman S.

The mechanic who is installing it has raised a concern regarding the lack of Heatshields on the new pipes which I undestand are close to the brake lines, ABS sensor etc.

Are there any issues with this as the standard exhaust has heat shields on them (do these come off and can they be fitted on the Remus pipes?).

Or dthe pipes need to be wrapped in some heat resistant material?

The fit has been delayed as new fixing bolts had to be ordered from Porsche but these should arrive tomorrow.

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Yup, you should have these cermically coated. Many forgo this step and only one person reported shock fade. Most wouldn't know if they had it though.

If you do not track your car, you should be fine. But IMHO this is something that too many overlook. Capristo excluded, they include insulation.

Have the mechanic wrap them instead.

Tomasz

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have the Remus and a lot of others are using Remus as well. I'm not aware of things burning up because of the exposed pipe. I looked at the factory heat-shield when I did my install (DIY). IIRC, it's welded or crimped on to the factory pipe (no easy way to removing). What I did instead was get them ceramic coated at a local shop - i guess it helps some.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Davey S2

I have a Remus Exhaust for 3 years now and did not do any extra heat shielding ot coating and have had ZERO issues with any heat affecting anything .Much to worry about nothin IMO

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
Davey S2

No problem ,I dont think Remus would sell a product that would create these issues .They are #1 manufacturer of AM exhaust on the entire globe .you would also be suprised at how many Factory stock Exhausts and Tuner Exhaust are made by Remus for the manufacturer ,Including Porsche ,Mercedes,VW,Opel,Mazda ,Toyota,Volvo and the list goes on for quite some time .They do extensive research before selling anything .
Check this out for yourself :)
Remus Racing - Remus Exhaust Shop

·
Registered
204 Posts
No problems on mine since 2007. I also have tracked it 3 times a year only and no issues. I think if your car is lowered then it makes it closer to the struts but that's just my guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.