Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing stopping me from buying the new Remus exhaust for the Gen II is the look of the tips. One poster put picks and he said they looked better in person. I am ok with the CF inlay but not too sure on the double lipped thing.

How many people actually bought the new Remus Gen II exhaust and like the look of the tips?

Any more pics of it installed on their vehicles?

Anyone have pics with the optional black tips?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the Remus on a 09 and love the sound....the tipps were a concern of mine at first....but now I have decided I like them alot. They are just different enough to put other gearheads on notice that somethings up....The dfi gets so dirty so quickly that the double part is hardly an issue. There are probably better looking tipps out there....but the sound was my biggest concern and that is a winner!
I will be in Denver for the next 10 days but will try and get a pic up soon after I return. My car is in the Garage in TN so can't help at the moment.

IMHO...if you on fence buy it...no regrets here...and I am bad for having buyers remorse..
Tim in TN:)

·
Registered
625 Posts
it was a big turn of for me as well, too frufru:helpme:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't know - The sound, performance, quality and fitment are great. The price is attractive as well.

I suppose they could look better but I am happy with the appearance.

Dave

·
Banned
3,494 Posts
wabbit636

Frankly I could give a hoot about some Tips ..Its the sound ,Performance and quality I look for and the Remus has all of that and some . they look really cool IMO .wish I had them on my Gen 1 but they wont fit ..I think they look slightly different then the rest of them out there ..Cool :)
I would not the TIPS deter me from getting the Remus :cheers:

·
Registered
393 Posts
I don't know - The sound, performance, quality and fitment are great. The price is attractive as well.

I suppose they could look better but I am happy with the appearance.

Dave
I'm starting to look into an exhaust. I love my car, but I feel it could have a slightly more aggressive sound when one gets on it. question: the second pic posted looks as if the exhaust tips are hanging a bit low. does it look that way to you in real life? in my stock BS, the tips are high up inside the exhaust cut out in the rear facia, higher than it looks in that picture. is this an issue common to the remus or more a reflection of the installation?

thanks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't care for the tips, a little too much going on there for my tastes. I think sound and performance are most important but the look is a close third to those two things. Follow your ears and heart on an exhaust.
BW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.