Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pretty set on the Remus exhaust after hearin' some sound clips on Youtube. That was until I heard some sound clips of the SpeedART exhaust. Both sound really good, in my opinion. Which one would would add more power to my stock '07 Cayman (base model)? All comments on the positives and negatives of each are welcome also. This is a hard decision for me, I'm lookin' to y'all to help me make up my mind. :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I am really interested to hear about these two also. I do like the sound of the Remus and the company has a good pedigree. The speedart seems to sound more like stock with a roar as RPMs increase.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was pretty set on the Remus exhaust after hearin' some sound clips on Youtube. That was until I heard some sound clips of the SpeedART exhaust. Both sound really good, in my opinion. Which one would would add more power to my stock '07 Cayman (base model)? All comments on the positives and negatives of each are welcome also. This is a hard decision for me, I'm lookin' to y'all to help me make up my mind. :)
I have 3 words for you....FVD....FVD....FVD...not really words, but what the heck!!! You won't be disappointed.

Chris

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have 3 words for you....FVD....FVD....FVD...not really words, but what the heck!!! You won't be disappointed.

Chris
I just looked at their website and saw the price for the exhaust system and my eyes almost fell out of their sockets. For that price (I'm assuming US Dollars, it'd be worse in Euro) I can get the entry level TPC turbo kit!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I just looked at their website and saw the price for the exhaust system and my eyes almost fell out of their sockets. For that price (I'm assuming US Dollars, it'd be worse in Euro) I can get the entry level TPC turbo kit!
I don't see why your eyes would pop out unless you were looking at the complete system with headers. The catback would be around $2100 per a thread from winter 09. If you can get me a TPC kit for 2100...sign me up!

Of course it is a nice $400 plus more than the Remus...so it may not work out. I thought the FVD and the speedart were made about the same if not the same. They both used the stock exhaust housing and modify the internals. I don't think the HP gains would be as good as a Remus or Borla but the chance of droning should be less.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The FVD website says the Sound Version adds 11 hp to the crank. So that would be less to the wheels. I believe SpeedArt says 11 hp to the wheels. Remus says up to 21 hp, but they don't say whether that's to the crank or wheels. Either way, shouldn't the Remus make more power? I like the way both the Remus and the SpeedArt sound. I haven't really heard the FVD. I'd like good sound while still gettin' as much power as I can. I really like the Capristo a lot, but it's a little outta my price range at the moment.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The FVD website says the Sound Version adds 11 hp to the crank. So that would be less to the wheels. I believe SpeedArt says 11 hp to the wheels. Remus says up to 21 hp, but they don't say whether that's to the crank or wheels. Either way, shouldn't the Remus make more power? I like the way both the Remus and the SpeedArt sound. I haven't really heard the FVD. I'd like good sound while still gettin' as much power as I can. I really like the Capristo a lot, but it's a little outta my price range at the moment.
I hear the speedart (and perhaps FVD) have been accused of underpromising and over delivering....independent testing was pulling around 20HP crank. Remus prefers to claim % increase VS a flat number since your existing mods will make a difference and a base and S version car will not show the same increase. The numbers on Borla and Remus are crank and you should see high teens at the wheels when accounting for driveline loss.

Of course every car is a little different depending on how the car was broken in, mileage, type of fuel, how dirty is your air filter, temp/humidity, engine variation, etc...so your mileage will vary when it comes to reporting numbers (not to mention Dyno testing has a range for error depending on the tester and conditions).

Vids of an FVD system on a cayman can be found on 6speed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You should really consider AWE's package. Pure craftmansmanship, great fit and unbeleivable sound. The look the best also as AWE has a nice shaped can than can clearly be seen through the rear diffuser when passing 911's and Corvettes in the twisties -

·
Registered
101 Posts
The AWE sounds nice. I really appreciate the effort to keep the tone civil in the cabin, and in traffic. It sounds great when you get on it.

Still prefer the Remus' overall sound, but yeah, the AWE is a nice option.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
A Nor'Easter caravan will be heading down to Asheville, NC on I-81 on 5/16-17 and returning via the Blue Ridge Parkway on 5/20-21. In this group will be a few speedART exhausts and possibly others.

So, if you really want to hear what one sounds like, send me a PM and we'll see if we can meet on the route.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A Nor'Easter caravan will be heading down to Asheville, NC on I-81 on 5/16-17 and returning via the Blue Ridge Parkway on 5/20-21. In this group will be a few speedART exhausts and possibly others.

So, if you really want to hear what one sounds like, send me a PM and we'll see if we can meet on the route.
I'm about 1-1/2 hours south of Asheville. I might be able to make a trip up there to hook up with y'all. :)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
We'll be stopping for lunch in the Asheville area on Monday, 5/17 on the way to the Dragon.

On Wednesday, 5/19 the group be spending the evening around Asheville before jumping on the Blue Ridge Parkway heading home on Thursday AM.

You are more than welcome to join us at any point. Wednesday dinner is probably the best bet however. Our Monday lunch stop still be quick. Or you can just join us for a few days and enjoy the Dragon plus other local roads!

I'll send you a PM with more details...

I'm about 1-1/2 hours south of Asheville. I might be able to make a trip up there to hook up with y'all. :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We'll be stopping for lunch in the Asheville area on Monday, 5/17 on the way to the Dragon.

On Wednesday, 5/19 the group be spending the evening around Asheville before jumping on the Blue Ridge Parkway heading home on Thursday AM.

You are more than welcome to join us at any point. Wednesday dinner is probably the best bet however. Our Monday lunch stop still be quick. Or you can just join us for a few days and enjoy the Dragon plus other local roads!

I'll send you a PM with more details...
Great. I'll see how busy work is and try to get away.

I can't remember if they opened up everything after the rock slide, so you might need to check the route to get on the Dragon. Last I heard, one of the ways to get to the Dragon was still closed. The route you have planned might be alright.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have a speedart exhuast (TUV gen 1 CS/ boxter) that is supposed to be delivered in a week or so. There is a local one available I can pick up instead. If someone wants to pay group buy price I can see if I can get it shipped thier way...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.