Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was randomly searching the web and came across a product from Rennkit that is a bluetooth kit that attaches to the factory radio in place of the frunk cd changer making it possible to stream music and take calls via Bluetooth keeping all other factory radio equipment. This intrigued me as I don’t really have CDs anymore and using FM modulation to stream from a device doesnt produce the best sound. I did a search for it here and was surprised that no one has commented or has this. Anyone have experience with this? Does it work well? Appreciate any input!

Reactions: DaveCarrera4

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow, sounds interesting. Agree I haven’t seen much about this kit before.

I don’t have a CD changer so need to see if it’s CD changer ready or not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
These are popular kits. However, as Porsche combined many options for PCM, there are some issues and work-arounds. I have a kit installed in my 07 Turbo with Navi and Bose but without CD Changer in the frunk. Works fine. A bit of info here: Bluetooth Retrofit Kit - but feel free to ask questions!

·
Registered
109 Posts
These are popular kits. However, as Porsche combined many options for PCM, there are some issues and work-arounds. I have a kit installed in my 07 Turbo with Navi and Bose but without CD Changer in the frunk. Works fine. A bit of info here: Bluetooth Retrofit Kit - but feel free to ask questions!
Thanks! How do you tell if the CDR-24 without a CD changer is “CD Changer Ready”?

·
Registered
2006 CS manual
44 Posts
that one looks liked the one I bought from eBay, just without the label, easy to install, all in the frunk area, I have the cd changer so it was easy to swap, yes works pretty well, call sounds good too, I did few con calls in my car and sounded great they can hear pretty well also from the mic.

had it for 2 years not sure how long they will last.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dave - Assume the BTR-3 is the kit for a Bose/CD changer 987.1? Will that allow streaming of content (music) from a BT connected phone? Where is the USB connection installed?

2008 Boxster RS 60 with Bose, no Nav.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts