Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a front Rennline folding tow hook for my 2015 CS. I install it only for DE's and remove it each day after the event. The 981 design is new. When installing the tow hook, the rubber gasket on the tow hook is seated inside the countersunk area in the aluminum bumper just before the thread area. When removing the tow hook, the gasket does not come out of the countersunk area or sometimes only part of the way. This is a pain to reach in with a tool to hopefully remove the rubber gasket without it dropping it behind the front plastic bumper. Rennline staff said they have sold hundreds of them without anybody bringing up this issue. They are willing to take the tow hook back but not to refund all shipping fees. Has anybody else had similar issues with the rubber gasket? Thanks and have a Happy New Year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Why not epoxy the gasket to the tow hook. That way it will come out with the hook when you unscrew it.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
I purchased a front Rennline folding tow hook for my 2015 CS. I install it only for DE's and remove it each day after the event. The 981 design is new. When installing the tow hook, the rubber gasket on the tow hook is seated inside the countersunk area in the aluminum bumper just before the thread area. When removing the tow hook, the gasket does not come out of the countersunk area or sometimes only part of the way. This is a pain to reach in with a tool to hopefully remove the rubber gasket without it dropping it behind the front plastic bumper. Rennline staff said they have sold hundreds of them without anybody bringing up this issue. They are willing to take the tow hook back but not to refund all shipping fees. Has anybody else had similar issues with the rubber gasket? Thanks and have a Happy New Year.
Totally agree with Dan. Might suggest "contact cement" vs Epoxy as former will stay flexible as you tighten anything down while epoxy might possibly fracture its bond. But just capture the gasket somehow and issue is over with.

:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts