Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
I cant agree sell car before new GT4 come. GT4 model 2015/16 is great car. 3.650 worldwide production is not much number. Today this number is worldwide less. Newest not mean better. This is my opinion -:)

Odoslané z môjho iPad cez Tapatalk Pro

I cant agree sell car before new GT4 come. GT4 model 2015/16 is great car. 3.650 worldwide production is not much number. Today this number is worldwide less. Newest not mean better. This is my opinion -:)

Odoslané z môjho iPad cez Tapatalk Pro
The new GT4 will have a powerkit engine - so probably 420 to 430HP and at 1340kg = 320hp/tonne, the third gear problem will be fixed, the strut tower problem will be fixed and Porsche being porsche there will be subtle improvements all round.

If he rents his car out it will be abused and probably out of warranty. :) Anyhow, its too late to sell it - theres plenty on the market :)

I have heard of guys getting a rental car and taking it to an HPDE event, regardless of what exclusions may or may not exist in small print. I have rented Mustang GT's and other cars that would be fun to thrash around at the track, and the clerk did not advise me against any type of driving. I would not do it because I respect cars, I don't beat on other people's property, and I don't want to get a judgement against me. But how many guys don't care and don't have much to lose. There are many things I do and don't do to protect my car. I do drive it like it was intended, but I slow down for speed bumps, gutters, driveways. I pay attention and try to avoid pot-holes, rocks, etc. I don't eat or smoke in the car, and I am careful with fluids. I am careful where I park, who I let drive it, etc. I garage the car, I remove bird droppings and wash it when needed, etc. If you rent your car, expect some to treat it like it you would, and some will not. I would not want to find out how much damage (visible and not visible) that a hooligan can cause, and how time consuming and difficult it would be to get any compensation.

Here is how you monetize your investment:
Go ahead with the rental plan, but turn it into a reality show.
It would likely be unbelievably entertaining. I’m not talking you-tube: this is prime time stuff.

I would never rent my GT4. I would like to take mine west through Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan the further west to Banff Alberta. My wife would go however she wants to take a plane back. I said I will drive back myself. Round trip is 7,200 km. I previously drove from the province of P.E.I. to my home province of Ontario near Niagara Falls in 18 hours. My trip to Banff would take me a little less than a week as I would mack a few stops along the way. I would rent your car for the trip if you lived closer to me. I would pay $3,000 to $4,000 for the rental and agree to pay your deductible in the event I needed to use your insurance coverage.

If you lived closer to me I would rent your car as I would like to drive from Niagara Falls, Ontario to Banff, Alberta. That would be 2,250 miles each way. I would need a car for 2-3 weeks. I'd pay $2-3,000. To answer your questions it depends on the length of the rental. I personally wouldn't rent my GT4. Your insurance would cover use by another driver however there probably would be an exclusion preventing you from renting your car. If your insurer would cover the other driver I would charge $2-3,00 per month plus the cost of insurance and any maintenance. I am a retired insurance accident investigator. Here in my province you wouldn't be allowed to rent out your car. I did some checking yesterday. Rental of a Nissan GTR would be $5,600CDN, $1,386CDN insurance and $3,476CDN mileage for a total of $10,500CDN. That was for 2 weeks. Based on that price I won't be renting an exotic car. Good luck if you do rent your car.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
As a follow up the long term loan (don't call it a rental) of my GT4 to a local Porsche buddy went fine. Any damage to the car (front lip was scraped up so he bought me a new one) was replaced or minimal. Yes it has more miles, but now has a new set of tires and car was detailed and again ceramic coated so there was not any issue with loaning him the car for a few months. I don't know that I would do it again, but given my time commitments and inability to drive the car much myself it worked out OK in the end for everyone I think. My GT4 and my P3D+ finished 1-2 at the LGGPR autocross late last year so there was that bit of fun too! If anyone decides to do this I do have a fairly comprehensive loaner agreement that I drew up and we both signed that I could send you for your own use.

I'm happy the loan went well for you. I may drive my GT4 out to California this spring from southern Ontario to visit my brother in San Clemente. That would be 5,000 miles round trip. I'm looking forward to it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.