Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using recommendations from D. Stern, I replaced my 08 CS's low beam with OSRAM 65w Rallye bulbs. While clearly not HID, going from the stock H7's power to the OSRAM which is essentially an H9 on an H7, giving 2100 lumens is a good improvment. Oh yeah, love that German engineering---to make the change. Replacing both bulbs took me less than 20 minutes from start to finish.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased the bulbs on Daniel Stern's website. The cost was $19 and change per bulb as a sale was underway. Regular price as I recall is around $28-$29 a bulb which is still not bad considering Sylvannia, PIAA costs.

No special tool was required. I just followed the directions in the manual to remove the headlight assembly using the wrench that is in the toolkit.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Where did you purchase bulbs and what was the cost per bulb? Did access to headlight assemble require a special tool?
Not sure if the access to the Cayman's headlight is the same, but removing the headlight assembly from a 987 Boxster is really easy.

You will need a special tool to "pop" out the headlight assembly, but the tool should be somewhere in the car already. Your owner's manual should have a nice step by step diagram with instructions on how to change all the light bulbs in your car, including the low beams.

I recently changed my low beams to Extreme White PIAA's, but it still wasn't bright enough for me so I changed to an aftermarket HID kit. Much much better, only problem is that I had to drill a small hole into the plastic back of the headlight assembly to connect some wires to the ballast.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts