Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Does anyone recommend any Gear stick/shift knobs - other than the stock one. I like the X97 if anyone has one to sell.

Thanks,

Atkinse

·
Registered
356 Posts
Black Forest Industries have some nice ones weighing in at about 250 gr. Add in the Numeric shifter and cables and you have rifle bolt precision on your shifts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the suggestions! - I'm really after a X97. If anyone has any info on where I can get one - other than Suncoast (smh $1000?!) - that would be great!

·
Vendor
121 Posts
You can also check out the Classic Shift Knob — 6 speed engraved with several choices of pattern color. Knobs can be spec’d out in either aluminum or Delrin, and the fitment is seamless with the OEM shift boot

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You can also check out the Classic Shift Knob — 6 speed engraved with several choices of pattern color. Knobs can be spec’d out in either aluminum or Delrin, and the fitment is seamless with the OEM shift boot

I installed an aluminum one a couple of years ago and I love it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I would caution you to take into account where you keep your car as to whether you get an all-aluminum shift knob. Here in sunny SoCal, if you leave your car outside at all, grabbing that knob will permanently burn that shift pattern into your palm. You would want to at least keep some kind of towel or cover handy to throw over the knob when parking it outside.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would caution you to take into account where you keep your car as to whether you get an all-aluminum shift knob. Here in sunny SoCal, if you leave your car outside at all, grabbing that knob will permanently burn that shift pattern into your palm. You would want to at least keep some kind of towel or cover handy to throw over the knob when parking it outside.
Exactly why I went with the Raceseng Spherology knob. 1 pound of 303 stainless core with a round delrin sleeve that stays cool to the touch.

Important in the Carolina summers... I have learned from unfortunate experience with a solid steel shift knob....

Raceseng Sphereology

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
As I am in Hawaii, I am well aware of the sun's ability to heat materials (especially metal parts). That is the reason that I always put a sock on my shift knobs whenever I am not driving, even the non-metal shift knobs that I've had in the past. The sock does an adequate job insulating the shift knob so that it does not become too hot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like the FF1 (Function First) knob the best, I have it in the 997 and 987. Carbone also makes a nice 917 style wood knob.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts