Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Oh contraire, I love them. I think they are a big visual improvement over the 981 vents. Or is it your talking about their function as opposed to their looks?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh contraire, I love them. I think they are a big visual improvement over the 981 vents. Or is it your talking about their function as opposed to their looks?
They're plain plastic. I'd like to see a version where the plastic is covered with leather or made of metal or painted or something. They just look cheap (though they work fine).

·
Registered
148 Posts
They're plain plastic. I'd like to see a version where the plastic is covered with leather or made of metal or painted or something. They just look cheap (though they work fine).
They're also vents, man. A/C blown directly on leather would deteriorate the hide far quicker than other parts of the interior. And do you really want to touch a metal part that's been blasted by heated air for, say, 30 minutes?

They're made of plastic for a reason. Perhaps a higher-grade plastic would be good, but frankly, I'd rather Porsche make the faux-aluminum plastic trim panels actual aluminum first. IMHO, THOSE are the most disappointing parts of the interior, along with the control stalks (particularly the turn signal one).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.