Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 20" Champion Motorsports wheels on my 2014 CS. Love 'em, but the diameter reduces my tire choices. I'd like to upgrade to R-compounds as I use the car mainly on the track. Will going down to 18" cause any problems? My ECU has been decrypted and reflashed by TPC Racing, and I also wonder if the smaller wheels would cause a problem with the reflash.

Lastly, are there any other benefits to going with the smaller wheel?

Thanks in advance from Virginia,

CGH3

·
Registered
580 Posts
As long as they fit over your brakes and you maintain the F/R tire diameter stagger you should be fine. Where folks get in trouble is ignoring tire diameters and making the PSM overreact.

Reactions: CGH3

·
Registered
704 Posts
As long as they fit over your brakes and you maintain the F/R tire diameter stagger you should be fine. Where folks get in trouble is ignoring tire diameters and making the PSM overreact.
Exactly. As long as proper overall tire diameters are retained, the cars electronics would know no difference of the wheel diameter. 18" wheels will definitely open up many more R comp options (Nitto NT01's are great for example).

We have a number of great 18" wheel options to choose from if you're looking to get into a more track suited wheel!

-Wray

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a '14 CS with 18" track wheels and 20" streets wheels. No issues. You can set which size wheels you're using in the settings menu

Reactions: kmaneh
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.