Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering replacing my 2014 Cayman S with a 992 Carrera 4. Please share any thoughts on whether this is a good or bad idea and what options are best for a 992 Carrera 4. This is a daily driver, not a track car. Any thoughts on the stability of a mid-engine Cayman vs. a rear-engine, 4-wheel drive 992. From what I have read, the engine in the 992 has been moved forward 10 cm, so it's a bit less rear-engine than the 991. Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
10 cm is 0.4% better but not much of different. Most newer 911's handle fine for a DD especially a C4
992 C4 is bigger, heavier, more powerful and roomier with back seat/shelf.
Have you test driven them and not just around the block, 20-30 minute drive in varying conditions - traffic, parking, parking lots, curved roads, highways ??
That's how you determine whether this is a good change for YOU; not 10 other people who might reply here think.

Reactions: RobT

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have a 15 Cayman S and am moving to 992s later this year. I drove an 992 s and was blown away buy the power and handling. An incredible car and the technology was really impressive. Like said before you need to drive the car and option it out to your liking. Check out other forums like Renlist for a lot more info on the 992.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts