Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I managed to pull out the old starter and installed the new one. Also replaced the AOS, but when I was pulling out the old AOS I broke the long plastic vent line that goes from the back of the AOS, to the opposite side of the engine. There was some oil in the vent lines and they looked old anyways so I ordered new one. Now I can't figure out how to get that vent line back in since they aren't flexible. It's supposed to snake under the left intake manifold but I can't seem to get it in there to connect it to the plug on the engine block. Am I supposed to take off the intake manifold in order to reattach the line? I hope not, or can I just wiggle it in there somehow? Once I reattach that line I can finish reinstalling the throttle body and plenum and be done. Any info would help thanks.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Hi, I managed to pull out the old starter and installed the new one. Also replaced the AOS, but when I was pulling out the old AOS I broke the long plastic vent line that goes from the back of the AOS, to the opposite side of the engine. There was some oil in the vent lines and they looked old anyways so I ordered new one. Now I can't figure out how to get that vent line back in since they aren't flexible. It's supposed to snake under the left intake manifold but I can't seem to get it in there to connect it to the plug on the engine block. Am I supposed to take off the intake manifold in order to reattach the line? I hope not, or can I just wiggle it in there somehow? Once I reattach that line I can finish reinstalling the carburator and plenum and be done. Any info would help thanks.
Although I haven't tried it myself in a long time I thought we connected mine just by snaking it.through although we may have has the throttle body off at the time. I'm pretty sure the intake manifold didn't come off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. Maybe I'll just be more patient with it, more cuts and bruises on the hands haha. Don't know why Porsche didn't just go with a flexible rubber tube, but I'm sure they have their messed up reasons.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got everything hooked up, car is running much better. Somehow I wiggled that cent line in there, only took 20 min. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got everything hooked up, car is running much better. Somehow I wiggled that cent line in there, only took 20 min. Thanks for the help.
Glad it worked out. It helped when I heated the pipe little with a hair dryer to make it a tiny bit more flexible to squeeze through the opening under the intake manifold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts