Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried getting rid of the Bose sub and wiring in a pair of 4” subs in the rear instead of normal speakers?

They seem like an ideal location and potential size given the size of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ll just continue to use this thread as a place to put notes.

I found what appears to be a partial pin-out of the Bose Amp. I haven’t confirmed it’s accuracy at this point, but my thought is to find out what the impedance is on the stock sub, and then find a pair of 4” subs that I can wire in parallel to match the stock impedance. Then, I should be able to just re-pin the connector by pulling out the sub pins and moving the rear speaker pins into the vacant spots.

Does anyone know the sub power output from the stock Bose amp?

Thanks!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Psssst.... it's often useful if you want answers if the people answering know the year and model of your Porsche. I know it's special to you - but they made more than 1 model..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Psssst.... it's often useful if you want answers if the people answering know the year and model of your Porsche. I know it's special to you - but they made more than 1 model..
Thanks for the advice... since this is the 987 discussion board, that rules out all but 2 generations. Both the .1 and the .2 have similar Bose systems and the speaker setup is the same between the 2 (from what I can find). So that being said, the question should apply to both 987 generations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts