Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i`ve plugged the cable to my 987 cayaman and it communicates with the software, however when opting to reset the service reminder it just wont clear from my dashboard. is there anything I might be doing wrong? any advice is appreciated

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well, there are three service reminders on my 987.2 and the durametric cannot reset them like the PIWIS can. Not sure exactly what it does, but it does not have the same capability as PIWIS.

I informed them of this last Nov. and there is a "major software update" coming.....I'm sure any minute. I'm just glad I stopped holding my breath, after, like eight months.

Eddie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, there are three service reminders on my 987.2 and the durametric cannot reset them like the PIWIS can. Not sure exactly what it does, but it does not have the same capability as PIWIS.

I informed them of this last Nov. and there is a "major software update" coming.....I'm sure any minute. I'm just glad I stopped holding my breath, after, like eight months.

Eddie
Amy updates? I am having a similar problem on my 958. It lets me select the reset option, it says it reset on the software but my instrument cluster never changes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also deleted and installed Durametric, bought a new HP and yes it is an authentic Durametric cable bought direct on their site.

·
Registered
895 Posts
None and considering it's been ten months with nary a word (unless of course I ask them and which they reply, it's coming), I think Durametric SW is blowing smoke up our behinds.

Disappointing as I held them in higher regard, especially after my initial contact and how they truly seemed to want to fix their product. I even worked with their tech support and had a phone call or two to help them test SW and gather data.

Eddie

Amy updates? I am having a similar problem on my 958. It lets me select the reset option, it says it reset on the software but my instrument cluster never changes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Using durametric to reset service now reminder, I had this same issue today on a 987.1 cayman s. While key was out of ignition, I pulled the fuse for the instrument cluster for approximately 1 minute. Replaced the fuse and the service now reminder is gone. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts