Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

The factory alignment on my new 2014 boxster was pulling slightly to the left. Now after an alignment (I found out they used a older John Bean machine, instead of their new Hunter as it was tied up with another client
) it seems to pull to the right a bit/slight bias to the right...

Can anyone read over the spec attached and tell me what they think... any idea why it would have a slight bias to the right... whenever I take my hands off the wheel that where is goes ever so slightly.

Would the new Hunter machine made a difference?

I sound like a complete idiot when I tell the dealership this stuff, because the first time when I got the car, the sales rep said it tracks straight.. but I insisted it had a slight left bias... now after a 4 wheel alignment, the service tech says its within spec and goes straight and I feel it goes to the right... but I don't want to be stuck with a bad alignment for years.

I'm not sure how accurate the machine was - every time the tech tried to tie up the toe, camber, the numbers would move, seems like its not a good setup...the tech told me you can't change the caster...yet somehow on the printout the caster changes from the original to the final? but I don't know

should I ask then to check it again on the Hunter?

see attached and comment please!

20150114_013525.jpg

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I had a slight pull; dealer aligned it, but still pulled. Took it back, dealer aligned again and now it's fine.

·
Caymudgeon
710 Posts
Normally the factory alignment has a little more neg camber up front than what you have now. Also, keep in mind that most roads are crowned so with a neutral alignment the car will naturally drift to the right. If it were my car, street use, I would go back and ask for a little more neg camber up front, maybe -0.5 degree. And I would ask them to be sure to put weight in the drivers seat. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts