Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Beautiful car . . . I'd take one of those over a 911 Turbo in a heartbeat - though I'll never be able to afford either one. :(

I wonder if they really will call it a 928 (as opposed to a Panamera Coupe)?

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
I love it . . . but I was always a fan of the original 928. And I used to own a 924 :taunt: so what do I know?

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
The overall body shape reminds me of the Aston Martin Vanquish/DB9. I like it.

-Moto

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
The overall body shape reminds me of the Aston Martin Vanquish/DB9. I like it.

-Moto
Yeah someone has been blending Aston Martin pics with a Panamera, I don't think Porsche can ever make a car as sexy as say a DBS. We'll see what comes out...

·
Registered
506 Posts

Here is my favorite impression of a future "928" or Panamera Coupe. It is based on an impression of the Panamera that resembles the original concept sketch that seemed to be based on the CGT rather than the 911. The lower roof and rear hips "solves" the Panamera's ugly but without looking like an AM.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
As I own a '90 928, the only picture that does it justice is the second one (Auto Express).

One problem I see with using the Panamera as a starting point, is that it is just too big and long,....even for a 928. Side by side with my CS the 928 actually looks about the same "mass",.....its wider and longer, but is not nearly as tall.

With the Panamera as a start, it will be very hard to capture the originals sleak beauty, period!.....

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Oh I like that A LOT!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts