Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been about 8 months since I installed my Fabspeed Catback exhaust - and I guess I've finally had enough of the drone.

I really like how it sounds under full throttle, and on the track, and have appreciated whatever HP increase it provided; but, as a daily driver, with a Tiptronic that frequently holds the RPMs right in the drone zone when driving around town, I decided to switch back to my stock exhaust.

I did decide to add the DREAM-1 exhaust collector. I found that re-installing the stock system was much harder than removing it in the first place (at least doing it by myself - another set of hands probably would have made it much easier). But, after about 4 hours, a couple of bruised knuckles, and several cuss words later, I finally got it done.

I had forgotten how quiet (relatively) the stock exhaust was, compared to the Fabspeed. Since I was switching back from the Fabspeed, I couldn't really appreciate what, if any difference the DREAM-1 exhaust pipe makes, but the design seems to make more sense than the stock T-collector.

Now, I just have to clean up that Fabspeed, and place an ad in the Classifieds to see if I can find it a new home.

More...

·
Northeast Caymans
478 Posts
My Fabspeed exhaust is like a good bottle of wine...it's gotten better with age! About a year now and still sounds great! Anyway, to each is own, right? Enjoy your quite time now I guess...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts