Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have everything setup and turned on but, when I put my car into reverse the light on the passenger side switch comes on but the mirror doesn't move? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
1) I assume you have the memory function option on your car as this is required
2) Place the car in reverse and set the mirror you would like to tilt down to the position you want
3) Press and hold the memory button number of your choice in order to store that selection to the button or your key

Now you have two options. You can manually press the mirror button once it lights when in reverse and it will dip down to your set position. Press it again and it will tilt back up the prior driving position. This is more helpful if you wish to possibly switch from one side mirror to the other as you could save them both down in memory if you wish or if you simply dont need the mirror to tilt down in every reverse situation.

OR there is a setting in the system menu using the control stalk that will automatically make the mirror you selected go down automatically every time the car reverses. I think its in a menu called "reversing options" or something like that. Simply check the box to activate the auto function.

Just an FYI...the mirror will not tilt back up until the car is moving forward again at 5mph or more when in full auto mode and this can be a nuisance in some situations where you may need that mirror in order to see traffic to merge out and reach 5mph. This is another scenario where using the manual activation/deactivation method can give you more control if this becomes a problem

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think it's best to not use the reverse tilt function. Sure you can see the curb but you can't see the more important stuff that may be nearby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts