Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to save the reverse mirror function where the passenger side mirror tilts down when the car is in reverse. Every time is start the car it seems to reset the setting and doesn't save the function and needs to be reselected in the menu on the dash. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Also, I have a pearl rear vision plugged into the obd2 port (https://pearlauto.com/). Any chance this device is screwing with the electronics?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I've been trying to save the reverse mirror function where the passenger side mirror tilts down when the car is in reverse. Every time is start the car it seems to reset the setting and doesn't save the function and needs to be reselected in the menu on the dash. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Also, I have a pearl rear vision plugged into the obd2 port (https://pearlauto.com/). Any chance this device is screwing with the electronics?
Im assuming you have the memory seat package? I haven't done this procedure in a while, but from memory you place the car in reverse, tilt the selected mirror to the position you want it to be in and then save it to the memory button number of your choice. Then you can activate or deactivate the tilt using the reverse settings checkbox on the dash

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
If you don't solve your issue just storing your settings on memory, try also storing them on the 'key' setting. I solved several such issues with my car like that (working like a charm now). The reverse tilt feature could be part of the key setting, rather than the mirror setting; guess you'll find out soon enough;). Good luck. Oh, and in case you didn't know, you can also invoke the reverse tilt when not in 'auto' by clicking on one of the mirror buttons (left or right) when in reverse. That's what I do, since I rarely need that feature. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the education! I have been wondering why my mirror shifted left instead of down when in reverse. I especially like the button trick as I only need the mirror to move for parallel parking so that I can see the curb

·
Registered
518 Posts
I haven't done this procedure in a while, but from memory you place the car in reverse, tilt the selected mirror to the position you want it to be in and then press and hold on the seat memory buttons to save it to that particular memory number. Then you can activate or deactivate the tilt using the reverse settings checkbox on the dash
In our 2013 you hit Set and then the desired Memory Button to assign. To recall, the Memory Button has to be held until all adjustments are done or else it will stop adjusting when the button is released.

I'd also suggest setting the option and then saving to both the button as well as the key (#3) if the OP has the memory package. The Auto Memory option can also be handy if of use to you and you're aware of how it works. I have accidentally saved the wrong settings to a key with Auto Memory but we also store settings to the buttons so it's easy to fix if that happens.

There may be some chance but we've never experienced such problems from the Pearl. Some clarification on your part would help us in helping you to narrow down the cause of the issue.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
In our 2013 you hit Set and then the desired Memory Button to assign. To recall, the Memory Button has to be held until all adjustments are done or else it will stop adjusting when the button is released.

I'd also suggest setting the option and then saving to both the button as well as the key (#3) if the OP has the memory package. The Auto Memory option can also be handy if of use to you and you're aware of how it works. I have accidentally saved the wrong settings to a key with Auto Memory but we also store settings to the buttons so it's easy to fix if that happens.

There may be some chance but we've never experienced such problems from the Pearl. Some clarification on your part would help us in helping you to narrow down the cause of the issue.
You are correct and I edited my previous post. My 14 works the same way as yours does. Its been a while since even touching this function, so I was thinking it was press and hold to save until I went downstairs to look at the buttons again to realize there is a specific set button as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. Stupid error on my part. I didn't realize that the reverse mirror was tied into the key memory. I just had to turn on the setting and then reset the seat memory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.