Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently noticed when I borrowed a 2015 camen s that the area image appears on screen when objects are sensed via the bumper sensors.
My question is, I own a 2012 Boxter s, that has sensors fitted, and that there is a audible sound from the beeper but no image appears on the radio/stereo screen do I need an upgrade or what's the reason?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I am going to guess the reason for the difference in the way parking sensors work is because your 2012 model is a different model type (987.2) than the Cayman (981) you drove, so the options are not the same. While Porsche does make continual updates to the same model type over the years, the biggest changes are when a new model type is released. The differences between the 981.2 and 981 are pretty significant.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Oh. Maybe check with a local dealer to see what they say.

My next best guess is this is just one of many in model changes that Porsche makes. Just like how rev matching on the manual transmission cars didn't arrive until around 2014.

Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Correct. On the 981 at least, you need to have both the front and rear. If you have the Infotainment with navigation with the front and rear sensors, you get an actual reversing camera. Without the Infotainment, you just get a arial graphic of the car with yellow and then red images and a sounding beep to steady beep as you get closer to an object.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info at least now i know why i dont have it just like the jukebox feature on the caman but not on the boxter

·
Registered
294 Posts
and for further edification, it is Boxster, not boxter. It is important to know how to spell the name as well as speak it correctly.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Correct. On the 981 at least, you need to have both the front and rear. If you have the Infotainment with navigation with the front and rear sensors, you get an actual reversing camera. Without the Infotainment, you just get a arial graphic of the car with yellow and then red images and a sounding beep to steady beep as you get closer to an object.
This isn't quite right. The reversing camera is an additional option and not just included when you get the infotainment system. I expect it to become standard soon though. Isn't there a law in the US that says everything has to have one after 2016 or 2017 or something?

Reactions: ciopyk987s

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
This isn't quite right. The reversing camera is an additional option and not just included when you get the infotainment system. I expect it to become standard soon though. Isn't there a law in the US that says everything has to have one after 2016 or 2017 or something?
Yup, and by 2020, everyone has to have a Porsche. Sadly, all they'll be making is Macans, from what I read. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts