Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just quick review on the splitters I received from pdpcomposites (aka Precision Design Plastics) a couple weeks ago which is finally installed.

Installation
Installation was fairly easy. Dave emailed very detailed instructions and pictures and it is my understanding he will have an instructional video in the future.

The good thing is, the splitters can be installed with all four wheels on the ground. It took a little over 4 hours to complete but having gone through it once, I would say it can easily be done in a couple of hours.

Dave also includes an extra screw and an extra rivet. He also gives you a choice of black or silver screws which go on the inside of the wheel well.

You can tell that a lot of thought went into the design/installation to improve upon what given to him. Just as an example, he designed an inner bracket to ensure the splitter doesn't fold under high speeds.

I did test fit the new splitters over the existing splitters and it does seem to work. You will need longer expansion rivets to hold the splitters in place.

With the exception of the a tiny hole drilled into the wheel well, everything is reversible and can be put back to stock easily.

Fit & Finish
The fit and finish is excellent! The paint color is a shade off but I have to add that not only is red a hard color to match but the car is 10+ years old so I'm not surprised the paint wasn't an exact match but it was close enough. The paint finish itself is flawless.

The fitment is spot on. All the holes matched up perfectly with the factory holes. The top of splitters mated up with the bumper nicely.

Customer Service
Customer service is one of the best as with many of the Planet-9 sponsors. Dave responded to all my questions with extensive detail. And he even responded on weekends.

Conclusion
I love the splitters. It is a tad on the expensive side but well worth it in my opinion. It adds a whole new look to the front end. One thing I was concerned about was whether it would scrape on speed bumps or driving into my driveway as it has a soft curb. Luckily no scrapes thus far.

I would also like to thank Dave for all his hard work (and patience). I believe he is also contemplating on making more parts for the Cayman so any ideas would be appreciated I'm sure.

And now for the pics!! I would highly recommend the splitters and can't wait to see what his next endeavor will be!

Thanks!
-Moto

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
How much were they?

Reactions: MotoFanatic

·
Registered
628 Posts
I like the look of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great review. I just recently got a set from Dave as well. Also got the ducktail rear wing he manufactures. Agree that the are top notch finished. I had mine shipped unpainted as I want to take the parts in and have them color matched with the car so I don't end up with the shade difference you ended up with. As you said Dave is very responsive and helpful. Can't say enough about that. Can't wait to get mine painted and installed on my car. Looks great!

·
Registered
628 Posts
so how much those splitters cost?

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a quote on price from another thread.

The Side Vents are available in 4 finish options, scuff and paint, polished black gelcoat or two styles of carbon fiber, a Plain weave and Twill weave (2x2). Prices range from $525.00 to $995.00 plus shipping. No modifications required to the car as it attaches inside using OEM mount points.

Splitters are available in 4 finish options, scuff and paint, polished black gelcoat and the same two styles of carbon fiber in a leading edge/paint to match mix. Prices range from $475.00 to $995.00 plus shipping. If you email me direct at [email protected] I will send photos showing how the leading edge looks. For mounting one hole is required in each wheel well opening but otherwise uses the OEM Splitter mounting points. We do not provide the temporary mounting as shown in the photo Moto posted above…

Custom paint is available for customers in the US and quotes are provided on request. Typically to paint a set of Splitters, Side Vents or Rear Spoiler runs around $250.00 to $310.00 if painted individually and slightly more to paint 2 or more parts.

We offer a 5% discount if you by two or more products at one time or 5% off additional parts purchased at a later time (not applicable on painting).

Dave

Precision Design Plastics
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I looked into getting it painted locally but the estimates I got were twice the cost Dave was charging. :(

Be sure to post some pics after you get it all done!

-Moto

Great review. I just recently got a set from Dave as well. Also got the ducktail rear wing he manufactures. Agree that the are top notch finished. I had mine shipped unpainted as I want to take the parts in and have them color matched with the car so I don't end up with the shade difference you ended up with. As you said Dave is very responsive and helpful. Can't say enough about that. Can't wait to get mine painted and installed on my car. Looks great!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the post and review Moto!

Your car looks great with them on.

I don’t think there is much to add but if anyone has questions you can email, PM or call.

Croc999 asked if these fit or if we have Splitters for the 987.2 Boxster, unfortunately right now we do not.

Dave

Precision Design Plastics

Rainier, WA
[email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.