Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The X73 fit the bill 100% + 12MM spacers all-around. My grading below is rated with these filters in mind:

Performance
Excellent 10/10. Drove her quite a bit through canyon twisties, highway, and streets already, and as many have mentioned - the car simply is sharper and fully composed / planted at turn-in and exit. Just stick it and GO. Very GT car like.

Ride Comfort

Excellent 10/10. In many ways it's better than stock because there's less oscillation when you go over bumps / undilations on the road, the compression/rebound is just quicker and tight, giving the car a sense of greater control.

Clearance

Excellent 10/10. Able to make all the same dips, driveways, and garages across town without a problem at all.

Alignment Specs
-1.9 all around. 2mm toe in (Rear).

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Excellent Write up and thanks for the alignment specs.

i have PASM and added just the x73 front and rear sway bars. I feel like like I have received all the benefits as you have stated except the 10mm lower ride then PASM, which is already 10mm lower than base or stock suspension. The spring rates are also slighly stiffer in the x73 versus the PASM springs but not enough to warrant a change.

Now I just need to get my car aligned to those specs.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Those alignment specs will definitely make the car more lively and enjoyable. It will allow the back end to rotate more for you in the turns. Once you are leaning on it more while on a twisty road you will feel more one with the car. Good luck on the final stage of your suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I cannot think of one substantial thing that's an inconvenience or issue with this suspension. If you must approach curbs/dips straight on without thinking, then that could pose a problem I suppose.
Or if you live in a part of the world that gets snow and you want to drive all year. X-73 would probably not be ideal.

Reactions: GT3fien

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did this about 2.5 years ago. I added the GT3 front sway bar. Love this setup. I'm running 10mm spacers all around. Liked those better than the 7mm.
Yea, was thinking 10MM as well, but road rash starts to become a bigger problem kicking up against the rear bumper / rockers.

GT3 sway, what did you feel it added after you installed, and what did you set it to? Probably will do it eventually.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Or if you live in a part of the world that gets snow and you want to drive all year. X-73 would probably not be ideal.
Why would this be?

With winter tires, as any reasonably smart person who drives in snow would have, there is no issue. 20mm lowering would have no bearing either if you were suggesting it would "plow snow" for being too low.

In Germany - the X73 is the standard suspension. I believe they have snow there too. :)

Reactions: GT3fien

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I've almost bought this three times now from Suncoast and I keep changing my mind. Since this is all Porsche parts, I assume there is no problem with warranty? My biggest concern is the clearance. I have the Soul Performance street headers with cats and they are just a little lower than the stock headers. My warranty is good until Jan, 2021 and I may have already voided it with the headers and I only have 8,200 mi on the car. Final question: Your $800.00 charge was how many hours of labor?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for posting this! I've almost bought this three times now from Suncoast and I keep changing my mind. Since this is all Porsche parts, I assume there is no problem with warranty? My biggest concern is the clearance. I have the Soul Performance street headers with cats and they are just a little lower than the stock headers. My warranty is good until Jan, 2021 and I may have already voided it with the headers and I only have 8,200 mi on the car. Final question: Your $800.00 charge was how many hours of labor?
I wouldn't hesitate, I'd suggest just going for it. Warranty wise, I'd ask Porsche the best way to retain it. I know the part itself has limited warranty, and my shop will back their work. Keep in mind warranty is only voided for things it relates to. For example, headers in theory would void Engine / Exhaust related issues and claims, but if your suspension failed, they couldn't say your headers caused it.

Labor is about 6 hrs. of work, and 2 hrs. of alignment included.

·
Registered
34,417 Posts
I can add some info to the warranty question. My CPO expires 10/2020 so I wanted to be certain about getting the install. Going to be done by Porsche - not the cheapest but not the most expensive although quite a bit more than what was presented in this posting but the guys come recommended. They told me that the X73 is covered by a 2-year warranty. So 1 year less than my CPO coverage but would not impact any other part of my CPO. I had toyed with waiting another year but I didn't want to wait. Hopefully warranty work is never an issue. Hope this helps.

I am curious about the spacers though. Are you running 20" - the photos (beautiful) but couldn't make out the tire size. I was thinking of going with the factory 5mm but it seems really unnecessary.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can add some info to the warranty question. My CPO expires 10/2020 so I wanted to be certain about getting the install. Going to be done by Porsche - not the cheapest but not the most expensive although quite a bit more than what was presented in this posting but the guys come recommended. They told me that the X73 is covered by a 2-year warranty. So 1 year less than my CPO coverage but would not impact any other part of my CPO. I had toyed with waiting another year but I didn't want to wait. Hopefully warranty work is never an issue. Hope this helps.

I am curious about the spacers though. Are you running 20" - the photos (beautiful) but couldn't make out the tire size. I was thinking of going with the factory 5mm but it seems really unnecessary.
Hey bud, thx, yes, they're 20s Carrera wheels. If you're concerned about warranty and such, 5mm I heard are the only spacers Porsche is willing to warranty. I put spacers on to improve the wheel gap that really shows when the car is lowered and negative camber increased. I went with 7mm all around to keep the dynamics as-is and leaving room for upsizing my tires once these Eagle F1s wear out. Probably will go with 245s / 285s.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did this about 2.5 years ago. I added the GT3 front sway bar. Love this setup. I'm running 10mm spacers all around. Liked those better than the 7mm.
mwil, since I put on the clear bra, less concerned about stuff kicking up. I tried 12MMs, and they definitely fit and fill it in really nicely, totally agree. When you added the GT3 sway though, did you adjust rear to rebalance? or just added GT3 front sway only?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.