Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
There was a time when that would freak me out. Now I am more experienced and realize that could be a trivial problem. If its leaving a puddle under the car I'd have to fix it soon. That looks like a bit of seepage that I would keep an eye on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what is too much? Shopping higher mileage Caymans and this is common. Do I keep walking away?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would not hesitate buying a car with some seepage - it's just a seal. Mine was the same when I bought it. Ended up not being the RMS - it was the IMS flange - and no, a seeping IMS flange does not indicate an impending IMS bearing failure.

Negotiate a price that includes the cost of repair. Obviously make sure the rest of the car has no surprises.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Small seep, just leave it be until clutch time. It's not a big deal. If it gets a lot worse it's a straightforward fix, and I would still combine it with a proactive clutch replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.