Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was on a road trip, and while looking at my Google maps I noticed an amazing looking road from the map. I politely asked my girlfriend if we could take a detour. Reluctantly she said yes.
Excited, we headed out for about an hour and a half detour to hit this amazing road. Sadly my GoPro had its exposure all ****ed up and you guys can't see the beauty of the pavement, its curves, and the scenery, but if you all get a chance to drive in Arizona, definitely make the detour up to Jerome. Jerome is a little Copper mining town that used to hold hill climbing contests back in the 50s and 60s, it's no wonder the road was so amazing. Cheers!
At one point in the video I reached 90 mph in third gear and my SO had tears running down her face, Poor girl couldn't handle it :p, what is love right?? She's gotta really love me to put up with my car shenanigans

Drove 700 miles in 3 days. Sure was fun! Got about 26.5 miles per gallon the whole trip. It's alllriiight but honestly I expected more, I traveled at about 75-85 mph the whole time so maybe a slower speed would have yielded better gas mileage.

Here is mountain road!
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34.7456972,-112.1142137/Jerome,+AZ+86331/34.6971415,-112.1630309/@34.7390133,-112.1347468,15z/data=!4m10!4m9!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x872d0f906de9e79b:0x f663f24f2b55668b!2m2!1d-112.1137716!2d34.7489107!1m0!3e0

IMG_6588.jpg

·
Registered
331 Posts
So I was on a road trip, ..... I reached 90 mph in third gear and my SO had tears running down her face .... Drove 700 miles in 3 days. Sure was fun! Got about 26.5 miles per gallon the whole trip. It's alllriiight but honestly I expected more, I traveled at about 75-85 mph the whole time so maybe a slower speed would have yielded better gas mileage. /
So you made your SO cry and you're complaining about gas mileage?
I'd be more worried about the cold spot next to me in bed.
YMMV! :cheers:

Reactions: jhthornley

·
Registered
706 Posts
Ah, the 89A. Great road section from Prescott Valley into Jerome. Leading into Prescott from the south it's also very fun.

Reactions: payne295171

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So you made your SO cry and you're complaining about gas mileage?
I'd be more worried about the cold spot next to me in bed.
YMMV! :cheers:

haha yeah she hatesss it when I drive quickly. Last week was the first time I had taken her to the track, I've been a driving instructor for 4 years now and it was her first time. She's slowly gaining confidence in my driving ability. I had a lot of fun but definitely was safe out there on the roads, slow in (to avoid bikers/cars) and fast out. It's always important to keep the car in the lanes, and after I realized she was THAT scared I made sure to point those things out, to point out that I wasn't just going crazy out there lol.

She felt better after that but still had sweaty palms! :p you can see me in the middle of the video, turn to her and say 'sorry' lol it's because she started to tell me to stop lol.

Ah, the 89A. Great road section from Prescott Valley into Jerome. Leading into Prescott from the south it's also very fun.
Such a gem! beautiful road up to a town with racing heritage. It felt special for sure

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha yeah she did get over the tears! I honestly think she was laughing at me taking the picture because I was squatting trying to get that PERFECT angle for the shot ;P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts