Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping for items I need for my new to me 2013 BB's oil change. The Mahle OX366D's I've seen are typically around $17-$20.

Rock Auto has Mahle OX366DECO and the OX366D for $13.02 and $13.39 respectively. Any idea what the difference is between these 2 filters? They are listed as Mahle / Clevite?? First I've seen "Clevite".

Is it possible these are cheaper quality versions of the filters costing $4 to $7 more? Or is it just a good price??

Premium Member
The Mahle OX366DECO may not come with "O-Ring" for the Filter Housing. I have never heard of the "Clevite" before.

Let us know what you find out!

(y)(y)

Registered
I've been using Rock Auto for a few years now. No problems with the parts.

Did the 80K service a few months ago using Rock Auto
- ox366d worked fine.
-liquid moly oil
-bosch plugs
-mahle air filter
-mann cabin filter
-beck/arnley coils
all worked just fine. $361 shipped!

Registered
Just went through this same investigation. They appear to be identical and I think its just a Rock Auto listing error - one model is in one warehouse, and the other model is in a different warehouse. They didn't have the crush washer for the drain plug in stock, so I ordered from ECS Tuning instead. Shipped to Canada is was less than $10 more for 2 filters.

Registered
2008 Cayman S, Tiptronic
Not to hijack the thread, but I鈥檝e used Rock Auto extensively for maintenance and repair parts for numerous cars. I recently went thru a maintenance similar to what jetstream listed above, and most recently, an AOS. They list several air oil separators from various suppliers, but also had a Beck Arnley listed as a 鈥楶CV valve鈥. Same part, different heading. I only thought to look there because I鈥檝e been thinking that the AOS is the German鈥檚 over-complication of a PCV valve!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Just went through this same investigation. They appear to be identical and I think its just a Rock Auto listing error - one model is in one warehouse, and the other model is in a different warehouse. They didn't have the crush washer for the drain plug in stock, so I ordered from ECS Tuning instead. Shipped to Canada is was less than $10 more for 2 filters.
Funny Johnny, I did the same exact thing. Since Rock Auto didn't have the crush washer, I ordered 2 filters, 2 crush washers, and a larger oil drain pan from ECS. The filters were slightly more, but with ECS free shipping, I was happy.

Registered
or you could just go on amazon/ebay and buy the crush washers. Mine are 18x24 mm...10 pack for $8.
Measure yours or use the PET to find the size.

Registered
18x24x1.5 to be exact :) I ordered 6 from ECS, just for the heck of it. I get that our cars are not exactly "common", but I was really surprised at how difficult it was to get these parts online in Canada! I could find the Mahle filter, but $$$, and K&N "Silver" for a competitive price, but no washers! Probably should have just gone to the dealer...likely would have paid the same as having them shipped from the US to Canada. Kinda wish I needed more parts to justify it, but everything else is up-to-date and running great :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts