Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow Caymanites. I checked out the rod antenna mod on the new 3D''build your own' page of the Porsche web site. If you start building your car, check the rod antenna box and click on the little eye to see the detail. What a shock I got! I was told by the dealer theantenna wouldlook like the Carrera's, on the roof center line just forward of the hatch back. Well to my surprize the web page shows a fixed antennaprotruding from the front right fender (like a Boxter's) ! It looks like crap. I emailed the dealer to get rid of the option on my car (which they recomended) and he said it was too late for an Jan 06 delivery. Well I wrote a flamer asking for the district rep number and they came back and said the Porsche web site may be wrong. Does anyone know the truth about the rod Antenna? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
43 Posts
From page 58, section 11.4, of the Porsche Cayman Product Information publicagtion:

"....... In order to optimize AM reception, an external antenna is available on request at no extra charge. This antenna is mounted on the front right fender."

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch! I should have read the fine print. If you go to the web site of Niello Porsche and go to the build your own section, it states the Rod Antenna is on the roof!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Out of the hundreds of photos I have looked at why don't I see any antenna's rod or otherwise?

Russ

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Thanks K-Man,

I sure hope it doesn't come standard with an antenna on the fender! No way for me. I will call my dealer, but my dealer knows less about this car than I do.

Russ

·
Administrator
34,427 Posts
You must affirmatively order the rod antenna to get one and it will be on the fender. If you didn't order it, you won't get it, it will be in the windshield. If you did order the rod antenna then it will e on the fender, not anywhere else.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Little update guys, Porsche of Hilton Head came back and told me it was too late to have the Rod antenna removed from my car.....so they, some how, found a December build position (my original was November build) and said I could make any changes I would likeon the new car and still get it Jan 15th. Talk about your customer satisfaction!/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/wink_smile.gif. My hats off to those guys. I changes colors and GOT THE SPORT SHIFTER!!!

BTW Porsche of Hilton Head is going to sell my original car soif anyone is looking for a Jan position, give Wally a call at 866 831 9008.....

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Kevozzi,

I do not understand your dates. Do you mean that you are now getting a December build and they told you you would get delivery by January 15th?

I have a December build and delivery is February 15th.

Aloha Russ

·
Registered
313 Posts
Russ,

That's cool same as the mainland. Is the car being shipped direct or do you have to arrange shipping from the mainland?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Get the rep on the phone. Don't takeany crap excuces from the dealer. They will bend. I have already spoken to my rep and I havn't even placed an order.

Hey Fellow Caymanites. I checked out the rod antenna mod on the new 3D''build your own' page of the Porsche web site. If you start building your car, check the rod antenna box and click on the little eye to see the detail. What a shock I got! I was told by the dealer theantenna wouldlook like the Carrera's, on the roof center line just forward of the hatch back. Well to my surprize the web page shows a fixed antennaprotruding from the front right fender (like a Boxter's) ! It looks like crap. I emailed the dealer to get rid of the option on my car (which they recomended) and he said it was too late for an Jan 06 delivery. Well I wrote a flamer asking for the district rep number and they came back and said the Porsche web site may be wrong. Does anyone know the truth about the rod Antenna? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Ferrett,

I should havehired you todo the negociating for me! Maybe we both couldhave made some money.

Aloha Russ

<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" /> Hey Fellow Caymanites. I checked out the rod antenna mod on the new 3D''build your own' page of the Porsche web site. If you start building your car, check the rod antenna box and click on the little eye to see the detail. What a shock I got! I was told by the dealer theantenna wouldlook like the Carrera's, on the roof center line just forward of the hatch back. Well to my surprize the web page shows a fixed antennaprotruding from the front right fender (like a Boxter's) ! It looks like crap. I emailed the dealer to get rid of the option on my car (which they recomended) and he said it was too late for an Jan 06 delivery. Well I wrote a flamer asking for the district rep number and they came back and said the Porsche web site may be wrong. Does anyone know the truth about the rod Antenna? Thanks in advance... <hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" /></blockquote>

[/quote]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Russ, Go to the Porsche page and 'build your own' page. Download the 3D version and add the rod antenna. It will show up on your car. And yes, they did say a Dec build date would get me the car by Jan 15th. Lucky me..Aloha yall,

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Kevozzi,

My car will have to change ships in San Diego Ca. and that could be the longest 2 weeks of my life!

Yall be good ya hear!!

Russ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts