Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Under 2 hours to go. Tandy in car 911 has got to hold off the Z4 in GTLM.
GTD looks ready for a rip-roaring finish. R8, 458, 911 America and another 458 all on the same lap!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Is it me, or there's too many commercials?

The ding dongs making excuses for Mazda again!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Flawless! They were spot on! Too bad for Patrick Long. It's seems the new RSR will be very competitive........first Manthey now CORE!

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Opinion: does anyone think Level 5 was ripped off?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Well... they weren't ripped off as the penalty was overturned and they've won.

I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing though. Maybe now it's Flying Lizard that got ripped off?

I was completely up in arms about the penalty until someone posted the rules in detail. You apparently don't have to actually make contact to be penalized for avoidable contact. With that in mind, I felt they DID run the Audi off the road. The Audi doing it's little stint of off-roading was what avoided the contact, which would have happened due to the Ferrari moving into their lane.

So it seems the penalty was justified.

Either way... it sure was an exciting finish!!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts

I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing though. Maybe now it's Flying Lizard that got ripped off?

I was completely up in arms about the penalty until someone posted the rules in detail. You apparently don't have to actually make contact to be penalized for avoidable contact. With that in mind, I felt they DID run the Audi off the road. The Audi doing it's little stint of off-roading was what avoided the contact, which would have happened due to the Ferrari moving into their lane.

I thought it wasn't overturned......missed that. All I saw was the interview with the level 5 driver and at that time it was a Lizard win.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I went back and reviewed pass many times, all the Lizard had to do was brake and get behind the Ferrari, they were both going for same line to be able to get into apex, the Lizard pushed and the Ferrari just followed the line, so in my opinion the Ferrari was right, the Lizard had no where to go but on the grass.....he just wanted the win bad. So that it was overturned, I think it's fair.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Just got back home. Great venue. Also did a quick pass by Sebring just to see the place. Daytona was great. I think I lost my bias against rovals after viewing the track from all around. Watching them on the banking on turn 2 at night was really neat.

Funny, but I thought the 911's were the loudest cars out there - quite a change in pitch and volume from ALMS races of the past. Maybe a tie with the Vettes for volume....

Reactions: TerrySmith

·
Registered
708 Posts

Great racing. I hope we see more of that in WEC and F1 this year!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Opinion: does anyone think Level 5 was ripped off?
I did. Glad to hear that it was overturned and the 555 got the win after all.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts