Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has had this problem.

These days when shifting into first, the engine bogs while engaging. I highly doubt its a slipping clutch as the sensation is more the engine cutting off than anything else.

Two months ago it happened when in mid rpm in gear where the engine bogged. CEL light.

Replaced MAF sensor and PCV.

Picked up the car today and in gear or at higher RPMs its fine, but that first gear roll out is still odd. No CEL.

Mods are (if it matters) evoms intake, srp 4.1, capristo.

The replacement of MAF and PCV do make the car idle smoother and in gear seems to run fine, but the initial bog when engaging first is still puzzling to me and my shop.

So Ive had my cayman S since day 1, and over the 55k miles Ive had it, ive had to replace the MAF sensor and PCV a couple of times.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I had a similar issue when car had literally 17,000 miles on it. I bought the car used, and the previous owner might have been a terrible manual driver.

Engine bogged if I let go of the clutch @ around idle revs in 1st gear. Zero issue once the clutch was engaged, or if I drove like an idiot and started at a street light @ 1200-1300rpm. All the clutch slip test at 1st gear redline + flooring @ 4th gear showed zero signs of clutch wear.

When the clutch was out, the friction plate was very worn out , but the pressure plate was still very very strong. Also some hotspots were on the flywheel. The throw out bearing also looked a bit worn according to my mechanic. Either case, that's entirely gone after a new clutch + flywheel. Again ... all the traditional method of testing for a slipping clutch were not pointing to a worn clutch. Luckily my mechanic was pretty good and knew right away.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
By PCV do you mean the AOS?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
What are the condition of your spark plugs and coil packs? Sometimes the coil packs develop cracks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Could there be an issue with the clutch delay switch...this is used to retard the timing some when letting the clutch out. I recall coming across a procedure to test the switch on the forum here but would have to look for it again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts