Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the US West Region forum. I was pointed to this forum, and I guess it makes better sense here.
This forum hasn't been very active lately. My thought was that we could collect some routes in the form of maps here.
Note that Google Maps also has photos from the route, which is nice because the routes are beautiful, but I'm generally not inclined to pull over and take photos.

Just got a 2013 Boxster S, and getting back up into the neighboring hills. You can now create a custom map in Google Maps and lay in a route by tweaking directions between waypoints, and share. You can lay out one nice drive per "layer." When sharing to Facebook, the thumbnail has a neat little picture of the twisty route. It's cool. I want to try to share a route here. If it works well, perhaps others can share some of their favorite drives.

This one I call "the lunch run." The little town of Pescadero has some nice places to eat, notably Duarte's ("doo-arts"). I drive this route clockwise from Palo Alto. After the twisty half, I'm not generally able to eat right away, so I sometimes shoot past to the ocean and do one of those "catch my breath" moves next to the car. Anyway, this run is fun, very twisty, a little bit too much with the bicycles, and absolutely gorgeous.

Please comment if you can figure out a better way to share a map.
Palo Alto/Pescadero/San Gregorio loop:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m..._0&usp=sharing

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did a really fun North Bay run with a local Miata group a couple summers ago. I created a map when I got home on perhaps the beta Google My Maps, but it should still link fine. Start/meeting point in Healdsburg & end point in Sebastopol. Oh, and Annapolis Winery is a great spot for a picnic, make sure you have a cargo net if you buy any bottles :rolleyes:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=zdztBGutlAlM.kCs6n9rmlSOU

trickybit, thanks for the reminder of this cool G Maps feature!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts