Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I keep hearing 'rumours' that there are some delays with the 718 GT4 and Spyder builds and delivery... Official Porsche reports would be best but I will take the rumours at this point! :oops:

Any one get any information from their SA?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmmm, just read on Rennlist that orders are being pushed out, delays but no official word from the dealers or Porsche themselves as to why... :(

·
Registered
577 Posts
I hope not, I'm still waiting for an allocation and from what I'm seeing there are very few allocations that have been assigned in the US so far.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Just talked to my SA - delays but doesn't know why. They have deposits for 10 GT4/Spyders but have only received one allocation of each so far. This is a dealer that sponsors a Porsche racing team and generally gets more allocations for hard to get cars than most.

He also "confirmed" that the next 718 GTS will have a NA 6. We will see.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I heard the same on the GTS.

I've seen some European YouTubers taking delivery of their Spyders already, so this might be a market dependent thing. Neither of our local Atlanta dealers is taking deposits yet as far as I know, but I have an order demand in with both to see who can get an allocation first.

Was hoping for Euro delivery next May, but that's looking shaky if an allocation doesn't appear by Feb 2020

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just talked to my SA - delays but doesn't know why. They have deposits for 10 GT4/Spyders but have only received one allocation of each so far. This is a dealer that sponsors a Porsche racing team and generally gets more allocations for hard to get cars than most.

I was going to give a 'thumbs up' or 'liked' for your post but while I appreciate the information I don't 'like' it... ;)

It would be nice for Porsche to share the reasons, and I hopefully get it resolved soon! Wow, 10 GT4/Spyder's, I wonder if the popularity would change if there was an official announcement of a NA-6 in other 718's?

·
Registered
356 Posts
As of last week, my local Porsche Dealer said my GT4 was arriving at the dealership on the 19th Nov (20 days and counting :)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As of last week, my local Porsche Dealer said my GT4 was arriving at the dealership on the 19th Nov (20 days and counting :)
That's great news for you! I look forward to hearing back on your first impressions and photo's of course!

Over here we simply wait with no explanations from Porsche... :(

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was late, but will wait until next week before requesting another update.

I’ll keep you posted 👍🏻

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

If the GTS information is true, what is the guess as to HP? It has to slot in below the GT4 but above the current GTS. Pricing would also be interesting since the T4 is already at $80k. So, guessing detuned to 380 maybe 385 HP with less low end torque so a slower 0 - 60? Maybe start at $89k? Interesting times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
If the GTS information is true, what is the guess as to HP? It has to slot in below the GT4 but above the current GTS. Pricing would also be interesting since the T4 is already at $80k. So, guessing detuned to 380 maybe 385 HP with less low end torque so a slower 0 - 60? Maybe start at $89k? Interesting times.

As it will be the replacement for the current T4 GTS, there is in theory no requirement to charge more. The SA didn't think that the price would increase. If that is the case, I may be interested.

Our new government has indicated that a 10% luxury tax on vehicles costing >$100K CDN may be coming, and that would kill it for me. A 718 GTS outfitted the way I want currently comes in just below.

He also said that this will be the last year of the current Boxster/Cayman, with a "refresh" coming for 2021. I asked about Hybrid/Electric and he said Macan first.

·
Registered
356 Posts

It will be interesting to see how they power the new GTS, as:

01 - the current GTS is faster (0-60) than the new GT4, so the newer GTS will be faster again
01 - it will most likely be a turbo'd flat 6, making it more powerful again than the current GTS

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
As it will be the replacement for the current T4 GTS, there is in theory no requirement to charge more. The SA didn't think that the price would increase. If that is the case, I may be interested.

Our new government has indicated that a 10% luxury tax on vehicles costing >$100K CDN may be coming, and that would kill it for me. A 718 GTS outfitted the way I want currently comes in just below.

He also said that this will be the last year of the current Boxster/Cayman, with a "refresh" coming for 2021. I asked about Hybrid/Electric and he said Macan first.
I have never known Porsche to give you more for less. A flat six for the price of a four?

I’m still kind of cynical about the change. I thought that Porsche said the current Cayman/Boxster would remain until 2023? Additionally, there would then be two different 982’s? Just odd. Hopefully we will know soon.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
It will be interesting to see how they power the new GTS, as:

01 - the current GTS is faster (0-60) than the new GT4, so the newer GTS will be faster again
01 - it will most likely be a turbo'd flat 6, making it more powerful again than the current GTS
Not much more than a small chance in hell that it would be a turbo 6. That would put the Cayman up with the 911, which they wont do. They also said it was physically impossible to fit a T6 with all its plumbing in a Cayman, which is why they changed to the 4.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Got some news from my dealership today. Release date in the US will be Feb 15th. First allocations are going to west coast dealers. Still not sure exactly what "release date" means??? My dealer is in the Boston area and has no allocations yet, although they are a very large and prominent dealer network so they will likely get some of the first slots.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got some news from my dealership today. Release date in the US will be Feb 15th. First allocations are going to west coast dealers. Still not sure exactly what "release date" means??? My dealer is in the Boston area and has no allocations yet, although they are a very large and prominent dealer network so they will likely get some of the first slots.
Thanks for this, still not really clear though, is this when cars will be released to the dealers, to the owners or … I was told months ago not to expect delivery until late March early April for US/Canada, or are these build dates which mean things are on hold until then? People in Europe are already teasing us with video reviews, doing burnouts and wearing out tires! :eek:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for this, still not really clear though, is this when cars will be released to the dealers, to the owners or … I was told months ago not to expect delivery until late March early April for US/Canada, or are these build dates which mean things are on hold until then? People in Europe are already teasing us with video reviews, doing burnouts and wearing out tires! :eek:
So the release date is the date the car can legally go on sale. If you have an order spot, my guess is that this is the date the order can go in, and you can expect delivery maybe 3-4 months later. I was also told that this hasn't changed from the original timeline for the US. I don't know how many of these cars are in the pipeline to be built, but it is a safe bet that many are already spoken for with orders lined up to go in.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So the release date is the date the car can legally go on sale. If you have an order spot, my guess is that this is the date the order can go in, and you can expect delivery maybe 3-4 months later. I was also told that this hasn't changed from the original timeline for the US. I don't know how many of these cars are in the pipeline to be built, but it is a safe bet that many are already spoken for with orders lined up to go in.
Hmmmm, this does seem different from a timing perspective then what most of us were told, I was told order going in this month and a December/January build with a delivery in late March...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hmmmm, this does seem different from a timing perspective then what most of us were told, I was told order going in this month and a December/January build with a delivery in late March...
You may be right. If the release date is the date the car can be sold, then maybe orders can be placed before then???? Makes only a small difference for me. Since I live in the Northeast, I wouldn't be looking to take delivery until mid-spring next year anyway.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts