Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted up here last year and I know a few of you showed up. Here is the info on this year's event. We would love to see some of you again.
Run Out East VIII, Saturday May 1, 2010
• WHAT: "Run Out East VIII" (cars...friends…food...wine...music)

• WHERE: PINDAR Vineyards, 37645 Main Road, Peconic , NY 11958
(631) 734-6200
Pindar | Pindar Vineyards (directions)

• WHEN: SATURDAY, May 1st, 2010, 11:00AM-3:00PM (Rain Date, Sunday, May 2)

• HOW: price per person…

1) $40.00 IF YOU ARE ENTERING A CAR IN THE CONCOURS. (NOTE: You may also opt to display car for free.) Includes eligibility for trophies & door prizes, the annual ROE hat, a glass of wine, and lunch.

2) $30.00 LUNCH only. Includes a glass of wine and lunch.

3) Spectators, and/or display only of your sports, special interest or exotic car: FREE

Sponsored in part by Autosport Designs/Lotus Motorcars of Long Island
Now, the full story:

On Saturday, May 1st, 2010, dozens of automobile enthusiasts will get together to share their enthusiasm and appreciation for cars. The gathering is the Run Out East (ROE) 8. The venue is Long Island's beautiful East End and the famous Pindar Vineyards in Peconic.

SCHEDULE

1) 9:30 AM. Optional for those who would like to drive out together.

Meet at Autosport Designs, Inc./Lotus Motorcars of Long Island
203 West Hills Road
Huntington Station, NY 11746
Tel: (631) 425-1555

Coffee and pastries provided by Autosport Designs/Lotus Motorcars of Long Island. Meet up with fellow ROE participants and tour their facility (always great cars on hand).

2) 11:00am Arrive at Pindar and display cars

3) 11- 12:30 Vote for People’s Choice Concours

4) 12:30 Announcement of Door Prizes and Concours Winners

5) 1:00- 3:00 Lunch.

RSVP: [email protected] at least one week ahead, so we can advise the caterer accordingly. We WILL accept payment at the "door" as long as we have capacity!

PLEASE INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER OR E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT WILL ENABLE US TO CONTACT YOU THE DAY BEFORE, OR THE DAY OF, THE EVENT IN CASE THE EVENT IS CANCELLED (due to rain)!

PAYMENT: best way to pay is via Paypal. Use payor ID [email protected]; in the comments put “ROE 8”, your name and what you are paying for (eg., 1 car entry, plus one lunch, etc.)

To send a check, e-mail Sam Germana for address: [email protected]

Thanks very much, and hope to see you there!!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I plan to be at Autosport Designs and will probably ride out to Pindar with the group if I can keep up. I was able to get some practice in this weekend on the Lime Rock run. ;)

I hope to see some of the Long Island regulars there as well! :gossip:

·
Registered
446 Posts
pete... I love to drive out to the North fork , but I can only do one day on weekend and I'm hoping to do the F40 run on Sun. you're going to do both ? sat. and sun. , thats some good mileage for a weekend :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I know, both days, nuts right?

The weather forecast looks real good for both days. I have plenty of free time, it's just the $$$gas$$$ and $$$tolls$$$ from Staten Island that is holding me back right now.

I know I'll be grumpy all day on Saturday and end up sitting in front of the computer if I don't do this. Maybe you can swing by Autosport in the morning just to check out the car gathering.

·
Porsche Prophet
937 Posts
Can't do both...do the Revlon Run/Walk for Woman's cancer on Saturday in Manhattan...definitely going to F-40 run on Sunday...leaving in the middle of the night on that one due to the bike tour...:hilarious:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
What a picture perfect day! Another 250 miles on the odo, but got a chance to hear a F360 Challenge Stradale with a Capristo wailing full throttle on the highway on my left with a F430 doing the same on my right.

Sorry speedART, it was outclassed in that company.

Also had a chance to watch a modded 996 turbo take off from extra legal speeds to extra extra speed. I had no chance and I've never see a car pull that hard at highway speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts